Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will front brake calipers from a 71 spider work on my 73 gt junior 1300, I think they will but just wanted to make sure that 1970-74's are the same.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Most likely not. Juniors retained the smaller 1600 size calipers rather than the larger 1750/2000 ones. I'm pretty sure the uprights changed to match the calipers as well, specifically the mounting bolt spacing.

Front suspension exploded view and part numbers (item 1) and brake exploded view and part numbers (item 5) attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if these don't fit where, can i get uprights, and wouldn't larger brakes be better? of course they would is my thought.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wheels?

currently the car has 15" ronals,where can I find the gold 13" gtam style wheels and will they fit? for a 1300 Junior whats the proper size and offset?

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
You may have to go back to the smaller brakes with small 13" rims??? Why not get 14x7 or 15x7 GTA rims and paint them gold? They make 15x8 GTAM rims but fenders must be modified, as you may need to modify fenders for 13'' GTAM wheels.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Brad, I'm actually having the car media blasted,repainted original Prugana and putting a new interior in the car as I want to sell it on. I'm also considering building the car to a gtam spec or race depending on whats desired. going to detail out the work on the forum if anyone's interested as it's a 48k mile car from Germany.Just looking for advice.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
When we ran 13" wheels on 105's in the eighties, so we could run slicks, we used to have to file the standard (later size) calipers down to get clearance. Can be done but I do recall one occasion where one of the guys we ran with went too far and filed through to one of the internal fluid galleries in a caliper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts