Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don't know where you're located but I'm in Marin County, CA (a nice little 90 minute drive in my GTV to Pleasanton) so if you get seriously down to the wire with this car and want to buy it, I'd drive over to see it (I'm interested to see what the turbo does for the car). Having said that, your best bet, if he checks in, is Andrew - he lives in Pleasanton and I think knows a lot about these cars.
Steve
63 Giulia Spider
71 GTV

·
Premium Member
21,688 Posts
It's a Jafco manifold at least, I'll forward to Gary of Jafco, see if he knows of the car. I don't offhand know it, unless it's one that came out of Marin a few years ago, along with a turbo Berlina, when the longtime owner died.

Andrew

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in Sacramento but heading to Bay next week before auction ends. I sent a question to the seller to see if I can view/text drive. Will let you know if the visit works out.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,390 Posts
I saw the car when it was owned by the PO a few years ago. I haven't seen it since so I have no idea of current condition.

Concours Cars is a quality shop and they did a lot of upgrades, so while the turbo install is based on the Jafco kit it has been modernized somewhat. I would call them directly for information on what has been done to the car.

·
Registered
442 Posts
the dash was cracked and it was perfectly prepared by a dash cap..... That's awesome!

·
Registered
442 Posts
the dash was cracked and it was perfectly repaired by a dash cap That's awesome!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know this car. It's in great condition. I've seen it a few times at Blackhawk Cars and Coffee.
It's in great shape...
The owner is in the Cobra club. Good people..

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
My turbo spider is close to those levels. It has held up so far to street driving, but I wouldn't trust the guibo on the track. I think a driveshaft conversion (alfaholics sells one) would be a good investment. Diff is a question mark, but that's also in the upgrade plans. I'm also planning on a transmission swap. Taller gears would be helpful as well.

·
Premium Member
21,688 Posts
You can also go with a donut cage, Norman has them, others, to reinforce/contain. Keeps the bolts from flailing outwards at the unsupported end.
Andrew

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1 Posts
Headliner

Hi experts - a new poster (so please take it easy on me). How easy would it be to replace the headliner in this car, generally? Does it require removing the windshields or seals etc? I did find an alfabb thread on it and it seemed non-trivial, in a car that didn't have the glass or interior in to begin with - so I don't have a sense of what would be needed for a car like this where everything is already in place. Any recommendations on people who do this sort of work in the NYC area? And on price?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hi experts - a new poster (so please take it easy on me). How easy would it be to replace the headliner in this car, generally? Does it require removing the windshields or seals etc? I did find an alfabb thread on it and it seemed non-trivial, in a car that didn't have the glass or interior in to begin with - so I don't have a sense of what would be needed for a car like this where everything is already in place. Any recommendations on people who do this sort of work in the NYC area? And on price?
Front and rear windscreens - out, rear quarter windows - out, stainless trim piece that runs around the door opening and rear quarter window opening - out.
not a small job.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm about to tackle this job...or punt to a pro. Still on the fence. A secondary issue for USA cars is the front windscreen is glued it. Apparently it is common to break the window, damage the trim, or both trying to get it out ....if that happens be prepared to part with more $$$$. You either have to get new glue-in USA glass....which apparently doesn't fit very well or convert to the ROW style which requires a gasket, different glass, and different exterior trim around the window.

I bought my car several weeks ago w/ the interior, side windows, and trim all removed. The back window came out very easily. I'm still debating on what to do about the front window.

If there are no tears there are several posts about painting the headliner in-place without removing the windows. Do a search. Unfortunately mine is torn.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts