Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1973 2000 GTV
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fellow Alfisti,
Selling my 73' GTV 2000. I purchased this car a year ago with the full intention of restoring. If no one wants to buy it I will still restore it as these cars are a passionate part of my childhood. But I have recently relocated with my wife and do not currently have a good shop to perform the work. So let's get to it.

I have a 1973 GTV with less than 65k original miles. I purchased this car from the 2nd owner. I have the clean New York title with all documentation. I'm currently located in Tampa Bay Area of Florida.

The car has an original Webasco sunroof installed at port of entry most likely by the dealers request. I have ALL paperwork for the car available from 73 onward (including a photocopy of the original purchase check). The gentlemen I purchased it from was an Alfa Romeo dealer employee in California back In the 70's. He purchased the car used in the late 70's and drove it until he moved to Rochester NY. After that it sat in a climate controlled garage undriven for years while he intended to restore it himself. I still have a plate on the car last registered on California 1982.

I have already purchased a new fuel tank, pump, distributor, wires, fuel filters, and battery. I have gotten the engine to start. The electric sunroof still works. I have every part for the car including original Spica. I have everything for the car and I mean everything. It was originally Champaign colored which can be seen on the rear facia. But it's currently covered primarily in primer. It has real magnesium Chromodora wheels on it. Same Michelin tires it was parked with 40 years ago still holding air.
My wife and I have relocated and I just don't have the space at the moment to work on it, but I do have the space to continue storing it if no one is interested.

I will send photos of the paperwork to anyone considering a reasonable offer. I have a lot of documents for the vehicle.

$16000 OBO

Below is my thread on the restoration

Attachments

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Looks like a decent project and it's nice that you have the documentation going way back. The fact that it was parked for 40 years certainly helps in some ways. Good luck with the sale (no room here either).

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
I'm almost biting my tongue but ....so why not just say you want out with what you have in it and save all the suspense and hassle of ten-teen emails? .. and you are screening the pedigree of the buyer? Good luck. You will get lots of propositions for the wheels alone.

·
Premium Member
1973 2000 GTV
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Edited. Happy?
To be frank, what I have into the car is irrelevant. I'm not looking to recoup my investment. I'm simply looking to see if anyone would like to pay a fair price so that this car can be back on the road again sooner. If no one is interested enough then I will continue the restoration on my own when I get my new shop built. I left it open ended because value of project cars are fairly subjective and I don't think there's anything wrong with letting the potential buyers set the price they'd be willing to pay.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Any more photos of the underside? Topside looks to be in OK shape but the one rocker in the photo looks pretty gnarly. Detailed photos help a lot in assessing how much metalwork the car needs (and hence the value).

·
Premium Member
1973 2000 GTV
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any more photos of the underside? Topside looks to be in OK shape but the one rocker in the photo looks pretty gnarly. Detailed photos help a lot in assessing how much metalwork the car needs (and hence the value).

Unfortunately the last time the car was on a lift I was so busy looking at everything I actually forgot to take many decent photos. The outer sills are definitely going require replacement. If you check my profile you can also find the restoration thread where I posted most photos of the car.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
I'll get the bidding started,,, but you won't like it :(
Set a price! What's the big deal?

Reactions: Edgewood121
1 - 11 of 11 Posts