Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting this for a friend. He offered the car to me as a project but, sadly i don't have the space to work on the car.

This is a 73 spyder convertible. it's red in colour and i believe that it's complete. It comes with 2 tops - the convertible top and the hardtop. The hard top textured finish looks rough in places. All of the glass is good and there is no surface rust on the body of the car that i can see. By feel, i can tell that the rocker panels under the car will need replacement, but that's probably true for a car of this age that has resided in canada. The lower control arms will also need replacement. it looks like water sat in the buckets of the control arms and the springs fell out the bottom.

The car has been stored indoors for probably 10 years and is dirty on the out side. I believe that when my friend got it, the engine ran but of course with sitting that long, it will need attention. I think that it would be a good restoration project for someone with knowledge of these cars.

The car is located near Sudbury Ontario and would have to be picked up. The asking price is $800 cdn and the price is firm. The parts alone that could be had from this car should be worth the price. i don't have any real good pics of the car but took a few when i was considering it as a project. I can send these along to those that are serious about acquiring this car. Best to reach me by email at mdm(at)personainternet.com and i can answer further questions and put serious buyers in touch with the seller.

i don't have the time to deal with tire kickers so please only contact me if you are interested.

regards,

mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
73 alfa project

sorry, i haven't been on this bulletin board for a while so i didn't see the reply to my original posting.
the posting was there without a reply long enough that i reconsidered taking on the project myself next summer.

so, the car is not still for sale.

mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts