Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would someone please provide some part numbers and source(s) for the i-panel bulbs. There are two sizes. I think I can find the larger ones (a 194 I think) at my local auto parts store but the tiny little pencil lead size are a mystery. What are the best and brightest to use please and thank you. And, yes, I did do a search.{;o) but the issue is clear as mud. Here are the little ones on the IAP web site http://www.international-auto.com/index.cfm?fa=p&pid=2661&posid=2624071 thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Got to any parts store and buy the AUtozone etc....

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so now that I know all my bulbs are good is the a method or process I can use to diagnois the the instrument board?

·
Registered
349 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks 74GTV for getting back to me with the attachments. Papajam sent me a clear color coded diagram and I blew it up to 11x14. Actually, what I really need is a tutorial in reading a wiring diagram. I have a mental block when I look at it. I see all the lines and colors and say to myself, where do I start.
The back of the panel has a black and a lavender wire as well as a red and white multi plug. I have some lights but not all. When I turn the key on I should get the two red warning lights for oil and fuel pressure as well as the warning buzzer. The fuel pressure light should go off once the pressure builds, correct? It never comes on period. I had replaced the headlight and blinker stack/switch on the steering column with a used one and I am betting that is where most of my problem is coming from.

·
Registered
349 Posts
When I turn the key on I should get the two red warning lights for oil and fuel pressure as well as the warning buzzer. The fuel pressure light should go off once the pressure builds, correct?

Correct... in addition the handbrake (if set) and the alternator light, as well.

You may wish to insure that there is a positive electrical connection where the twist-in light sockets go into the back of your instrument cluster. Sometimes the copper foil, where the light socket is located, becomes damaged and the electrical path will be compromised... no light(s).

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sometimes the copper foil, where the light socket is located, becomes damaged and the

When I turn the key on I should get the two red warning lights for oil and fuel pressure as well as the warning buzzer. The fuel pressure light should go off once the pressure builds, correct?

Correct... in addition the handbrake (if set) and the alternator light, as well.

You may wish to insure that there is a positive electrical connection where the twist-in light sockets go into the back of your instrument cluster. Sometimes the copper foil, where the light socket is located, becomes damaged and the electrical path will be compromised... no light(s).
Becuz I bought the car new I honestly can't remember a time when I loosened the i-cluster or took it out to replace bulbs, I can't imagine that the paths would be damaged but what the heck, it sure is possible. I've tried to test continuity on either side of the bulb on the board but didn't have much success. Anyway to test the board through each bulb? Maybe the next step is a company that tests or rebuilds these things?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts