Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Excellent! Is that a reproduction old-style battery? I normally don't like painted valve covers, but that flat back looks "right."

Congrats on a really beautiful GTV!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
SORRY GUYS , I LOST THE FIRST THREAD AND PICTURES ....THE GTV WAS DONE ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO ....I OWN IT ABOUT 3 MONTHS NOW....REALLY COOL TO DRIVE,LOOKS GOOD AND RUNS GREAT...THANKS AGAIN FOR THE NICE REPLYS

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I found that perfect GTV you are looking for....its in your garage! I know that we are not seeing the flaws. Every picture you throw at us is just great and I think you will be hard pressed to find one much nicer. Keep firing off those pics. Great car!

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Beautiful. As a Brooklyn boy, I can't imagine driving that car around the city. I always drove the biggest sh*tboxes you could imagine. Its great to watch the $75K benzes give way when your twisted rusty fender is within an inch of theirs!
:D

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
hahahahaha. I found picture's of your engine bay on the web a while back, and told myself, my gtv's will look like that one day!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Great looking engine bay! I do like the use of the flat black paint. What is the cylinder (blue & black) near the battery?

I agree with John. This GTV looks perfect in the shots. Any better condition and you wouldn't want to drive it.

·
Administrator
13,436 Posts
Lovely car, an inspiration to us all :)

Pete
ps: personally I cannot paint aluminium, too beautiful in natural finish, but each to his own.

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Kai, it's a windshield wiper water tank, oops i mean BAG.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Hmm.. I guess it's the air horn. :confused:

This GTV is perfect!! I really love the Flat-black head and the GTA rims. :D

Kai is right, any better and the GTV belongs in a museum.

67GTV said:
Great looking engine bay! I do like the use of the flat black paint. What is the cylinder (blue & black) near the battery?

I agree with John. This GTV looks perfect in the shots. Any better condition and you wouldn't want to drive it.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Once again Sniady kills me. I think Chan is onto something. Is it a compressor for a set of air horns?

In any case, very tasteful blend of flat black and polished parts. And as RT mentioned, that old style battery adds a nice touch.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Was the GTV originally yellow??

It looks like kinda cool to have the interior yellow and the exterior red. :D

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ACCORDING TO DOCUMENTATION FILES FROM ELVIRA ( ALFA ROMEO ITALY ) BODY COLOR ... YELLOW ... AR109 ... MANUFACTURED DATE LATE 1970 ... SOLD TO ALFA ROMEO CANADA 1971 .... REG ... 1972

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hello all,
When I look at this car it reminds me that some folks who restore cars are artists no ifs ands or buts. The car looks so right particularly under the hood where the restorer has to make a lot of decisions. What color here what color there, where to route this and that. You have to have a feel for the work down deep in you and you cannot be afraid to bring it out and use it. The feeling of accomplishment must be overwhelming.

Fantastic car. Makes me want a GTV again.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
italcarguy said:
email you chassis number to [email protected]

i think that's the email address, can some one confirm this? it's been a while since i got some info from ms. ruocco.
Yep, that's the correct email address Anthony. The info Ms. Ruocco sends back is great. I'm amazed that Alfa Romeo keeps track of this information.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts