Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the 3rd time in 5 months since I've owned her, she, when jerked hard into gear or gone over a hard bump, has shut down. Assumed it was a fuel pump problem (not receiving power) and on the first two occasions had the wiring looked at to the fuel pump and repaired/replaced. Records on the car go back to 1992 with no evidence of Fuel Pump replacement. Could hear the fuel pump running when trying to restart after she shut down today, so the pump is getting power. Any other possibilities? One other thing - My Dad came up with - is that there is water in the gas tank and if it gets mixed in with the gas by going over a bump and jerking into gear it could shut down. But the car would run rough for a bit at first before shut down i would assume. When this problem happens it shuts down right away. Can crank ok, but no fuel. Any ideas?

TIA, Rob

·
Registered
870 Posts
Rob, does it shut down immediately after going over the bump ?
If so then much more likely to be an electrical, battery / starter, loose wire to the ignition somewhere than fuel pump or fuel related, it would cough and splutter before dying.
Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts