Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This is my first post to the forum. Have been pouring through previous posts to see if anyone has had a similar problem as me with a vibration I think is coming from my rear axle.

Essentially there's pretty annoying vibration coming through the centre of the car as it picks up speed. Can feel it through the transmission tunnel and gear stick. It feels like it's 'holding the car back' a little.

Initially I thought it was an exhaust mount issue as it starts to build from about 30kph onwards.

However, I get the same issue when rolling downhill in neutral. So it's speed based rather than rev based.

I wondered if anyone had any suggestions on what it might be or what I might be able to do to narrow down the issue?

Thank you!

D

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
If you’ve owned your car for a while with no vibration issues and this is a new issue, my first thought is that its the guibo (the rubber donut in the drive shaft). These are known to wear and crack over time. Inspect it and look for signs of cracks. The rear axle and differential are pretty robust.

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
U-joints in poor condition?

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
U joints solved a somewhat similar 4th gear vibration for me...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for your replies all. Yes the Giubo is my first suspicion and I'm going to get it assessed this morning. U-joints also a possibility.

I'm planning on uprating suspension to the Alfaholics fast road kit and want to ensure I get the best experience once that's on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts