Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I must sell my '71 Alfa Spider. From the feedback I received from the thread titled "restore vs part-out" it sounds like this car is worth restoring. We drove this car for many years before garaging it. I planned to return it to daily driver status many times over the years, but lacked the time and project money.

possible rod knock, right front fender damage, needs the following: new carpet, seats, tires, driver side mirror and a rag top.

The body is in good condition except for the front fender. Rust free except for damaged fender area and a couple of small paint bubbles (garaged in So Cal) Includes a set of 5 original cromodora 5-star wheels and some misc. parts.

Photos attached. More photos available.
$1500. OBO. Comments and feedback are appreciated!

alfaczik
'71 Spider 1750 - current
'73 Berlina -past
'87 Milano - past

Attachments

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
where are her rims? And seats??? And steering wheel?? All the good original stuff is gone!!! :( I would love to have her here in the East Coast, as she is rust free.... Looks like a decent rebuild or project if the price is low.... From the looks of the engine compartment she has been sitting dormant for a while.
Good luck, and thanks for the pictures. If she were nearby I would have made an offer that included lots of beer.... You would have accepted.
:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Peter! I would have accepted and been happy that she went to a good home.

Thanks,
Teresa W.
Alfaczik

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
A member emailed the following question to me:

Does the car run? Do you have other pics available? Maybe if possible I should look at it first. I am in Los Angeles where is the car?
Here is the response we emailed back to him:

The car has been parked in our garage for a long time, and will need a complete tune up, and some engine work before it will hit the streets again. This car is perfect for someone wanting a great restoration project. We had a lot of fun time trialing her at Willow Springs and Laguna Seca, and she was a daily driver, too.

For someone with the skills, time and money, this is a great car to restore. If you are looking for a first Alfa as your immediate daily driver, then this is not the car for you.

What other pics do you want to see? Let me know and I will post them online for everyone to see.

By the way, we are asking $1500 OBO for the car with 5 wheels.

The car is in the Sunland Tujunga area.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I might be interested, will be down that way soon. Give me a call or email me your #

Larry Jr.
Alfa Parts Exchange (925) 931-0114

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
While most of the stock parts have been replaced, looks like good choices for a track car, including the steering wheel, roll bar, seats, the good model older daytona wheels and the sprint air cleaners that are desirable and expensive as well. The 4 center caps for the wheels alone are hard to find and those US spec front turn signals (and bumper) are NLA and desirable too. There are definitely some good parts on this car that make it appear to be a pretty good buy. Wish it was closer to Oregon!

If you decide to part it, I'm interested in a few things, if Alfa Parts Exchange doesn't cherry pick it first! Don't let anybody talk you into giving it away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts