Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been 6 mos since the engine came out, lost the diagram. I have a Bosch alternator. For wires I have black, brown, green red and red from the battery. on the alt I have from the top going cw B+, DF, ?, and D+. From the wiring diagram I can figure the black (DF) and the green(D+).
Another query, perhaps for another time is the SPICA wiring which had been setup for the 69 pump, and now with a correct 71 pump I have a ponder.
Thanks and
Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So from all that -brown goes to D-, which could be my '?" connection. B+ is mentioned regarding a generator, but not Alternator. I'll get a photo, maybe some can check it against a 71 1750. The Bosch Alt is original right? And the modular plug Regulator also?
Cheers,
Sam

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
So from all that -brown goes to D-, which could be my '?" connection. B+ is mentioned regarding a generator, but not Alternator. I'll get a photo, maybe some can check it against a 71 1750. The Bosch Alt is original right? And the modular plug Regulator also?
Cheers,
Sam
you have an Alternator in your '71, and yes, it should be a Bosch. I attached a wiring diagram for a 72-73 Spider, bc that's what I have available. I think yours is probably the same as far as your charging system goes. It is actually pretty simple to figure out, unless some PO made some modifications ;) Although I realize I should not speak for him, you can pm Papajam, as per his sticky he'll send you a correct diagram if you agree to make a donation to the AlfaBB

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts