Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
That's a nice looking GTV, and withe Besic service, it sure looks like a car worthy of a good price.

Best regards,

·
Registered
155 Posts
That same car sold on eBay in July for $26,300 after a couple of relistings. It was in FL. I keep records of all high $ GTV sales.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Should sell for higher...already..demand is very high..on the more restored ones...at this rate..the euro keeps climbing....easier for europeans to buy locally and ship overseas...

·
Registered
129 Posts
if im not mistaken, i think this was originally a bobcor car. i had seen it on his website before and remember it because of the color, but im not 100% sure though..

·
Registered
479 Posts
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=27273

It was never a Bobcor car, it was on consignment. The seller, it belonged to the Solis Bros and he sold it on Ebay late last year, for over $25,000. So it is getting Flipped...

If you read the link above the owner comments on it. He would never go below $25,000 for it.

The engine bay has changed since it was at Bobcor... The modifications were probably made after these pics were taken before it sold on Ebay the last time, but the receipts in the current auction show the carbs were sandblasted and rebuilt, but it does not account for horn removal, and they do mention rerouting the oil breather. I don't want to comment much more, but we all know, there never was a "bumper delete", although I do like the filling in of the bumper mounts...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
For that kind of money...I definitely would want to check that car out in person. Don't mean to seem skeptical...but the floor boards don't look in pristine condition....rockers seem solid enough (but with rockers you can never tell whats under them!). If this car was fully restored...I'd also ask for photo's of it's restoration.

·
Registered
479 Posts
The Restoration as claimed was done several years ago, I only know that much about it, not the extent. Now that I see the underside, I too believe it was simply bodywork and not restoration, however, this car was an occasional driver for the previous owner.

The pics I provided of the engine should be compared to the pics in the auction. The head is no longer Orange.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Worth vs Cost, or what are you willing to pay for what you want?

What would you pay Dr. to get your dream 1750, no compromise? You might find that it does not exsist.

It may be correct to state no USED, unrestored 1750 is worth $25,000

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
You forgot Radio Delete too! :)

I still like this car...
I'm curious why we didn't mention the highly desireable console delete :rolleyes:
On the issue of "what's it worth", it may depend on where you are. So far, I've spent over $25,000 Canadian on my 74 GTV and I haven't started the body work yet. If I could have found a mint car (Mechanical & Body) for $25,000 I would have been way ahead!

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
Well, now I know what "Rally Racing Look" means:rolleyes: . :( Sorry, but I prefer my GTV's stock. I don't like the color (even though it looks like the Corvette Orange color that I first painted my K5 Blazer with:) and it looks like a good quality paint job), and I don't like the piping on the seats (OK, so nobody asked me;) ). Value IMO is substancially less than a stock restoration but nowadays I like my things old fashioned.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts