Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've also notified ebay - twice. There is no longer a place on the site where additional information can be given (to ebay), such as the listing number for the original sale.

In the past, I'd given ebay about two dozen notifications about fake Leica cameras, advertised as the real thing, and the company always followed up. But this Alfa matter is unacceptable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
SnugBuffalo, thanks for flagging the ad in addition to my attempt.
Gprocket, it is actually a 1970 originally delivered to Belgium per Marco. Titled here as a 71 because if the lack of 1970 model year. It is a US spec series one with series 2 seats. Go figure.

·
Registered
246 Posts
When the auction 1st ran I emailed him; no reply.
I ignored it then.
I just got an email saying "The high bidder couldn't get financing, am I interested ?" !!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take it from me...Run. I have seen all the scams on there and that is a classic. Not saying it doesn't happen (buyer doesn't get financing, have had it happen to me a few times as a seller), but the protocol is the reach out to the second place bidder than 3rd and so on. Emails out of thin air are usually ways to do transactions outside of eBay and avoid repercussions. Moreover, ignoring questions is a sketchy no no to me in the first place!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I know it is a scam. I occasionally like to scr*w with them. Weird thing is that he got my email address. I always go through eBay. 2nd time I've seen this happen.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts