Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any information or thoughts on the following GTV on eBay?

Alfa Romeo GTV GT Veloce | eBay

A lot of info and photos but seems odd that it would be listed as a "no reserve" car.

·
Premium Member
21,707 Posts
Man there's a lot of verbiage there, much of it unrelated to the car. I took am surprised at the no reserve, but that's a good thing, assuming it's not a scam, which it doesn't appear to be. It seems to be a sheep in wolf's clothing, a basically stock car with some typical street upgrades, but that is styled to look like a vintage racer. Probably easy to revert to street look.

Did US GTVs come in such a color? I don't think I've seen one.

Andrew

·
Registered
29 Posts
I seriously doubt that it's a scam given the car is in Southern CA (assuming it really is) and someone must have asked (or will ask) to see it given there are a lot of potential buyers in the area. Looks like an absolutely great little 1750 to me and if I didn't just buy one I'd be bidding on it.
Steve (Alfaphanatic)
63 Guilia spider
71 GTV
Both in a 12' wide garage.......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Andrew -
How do I get the cutsie little picture of my cars next to my name on the posts - like you and most of the respondents?
Thanks,
S

·
Registered
3 Posts
Howdy folks, not a scam, it is my car. Ask any questions you may want. Car is located in SoCal in LA.

Andrew: I am wordy at best so I like to get people excited about cars I am excited about. And I have a lot of people who I sold cars to it the past that do not know a darn thing about what they buying where us guys on the forums do I have to write to broad audience. It is basically a stock car with a vintage look as you mentioned. Roundels are static cling and hold at highway speeds just fine if choose to stay on. Same with yellow lights. Not a perfect car but certainly a nice driver with a great drive train. And being sold no reserve because I would always rather let the market dictate its own price. I believe in simple economics so I am happy really at any price the market decides. After all, that is market price. And happy to show it to anyone interested in buying too. She's a good car with good soul and great paper history. I'd say a 7+ out of 10 overall if not an 8. Original color was silver, then it was painted the blue in the engine bay. It was repainted in a subtle but more racey blue just to be a little unique to a GTV without killing it's looks.

Thanks for the interest guys and feel free to ask any questions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Would have thought that members located near the car would have shown more interest. I'd value what others think of the car. Nonetheless, I'll be watching the auction as it closes on Sunday.

I've been pursuing cars in Europe, given the improving dollar. But the sellers, mainly dealers, have virtually nothing to say about the cars they are selling. The opposite is true here (with this seller), who offers much more detail and responds to questions.

The snow in Buffalo is gone, there is no salt on the roads, and the new 29' deep garage is beckoning for the right Alfa.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the interest Snug.

I have had a handful of people local with interest, but I certainly have been finding difficulty in being able to show it. Always happy to answer questions as usual and I apologize to those who I have not been able to show it to, though I thankfully was able to show it early in the week to a few people.

If you are local and do not get to see it, please do not feel indebted to bid just because it is local though. I would much rather you feel you are comfortable with the car and bid accordingly, then to raise the price higher for someone who has seen it or who is bidding sight unseen too. I will not take a offense! :) Always just want to make sure people get exactly what they want, which is why the lengthy ads.

Posted a pic of the spare parts I have in the ad too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Another 71

Another '71, in Ochre, has appeared on Ebay.

This car had been sold on July 4, 2014 under a different seller's name (with 100% feedback and 44 transactions). Location was El Cerrito, Calif. The seller's latest feedback noted that a transaction was not completed but that there was a "mutual resolution" (this could be an entirely different auction, but the timing of the new listing fits).

The current listing features only four pictures (all from the previous auction), the same narrative description. Different seller having '0' feedback. A specific location is not given.

Not a confidence builder.

With six days left in the auction there may be enough time to obtain a PPI and vet the seller.

·
Premium Member
21,707 Posts
Looked like it, seller has zero feedback, and doesn't look like a car that would be no reserve.
Andrew

·
Registered
244 Posts
Probably a good idea. I personally like to screw with guys like that but then there are others who can get harmed.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The ad said the number circles on the blue one are static cling. I also think the buyer of the blue GTV got a nice deal in the current market if the car turns up as stated in the ad.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went to the "ask a question" section (ochre GTV) and asked where the car was located so I could see it and received no reply. Usually a pretty good tip off that the ad is a scam. You should definitely alert Ebay and let them sort it out.
S

·
Registered
244 Posts
I got the same lack of response. If they don't reply, I'm out of there. Some people are just bad sales persons though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts