Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Want to get an idear how much this things worth where its currently at.

1971 Alfa Spider, Weber carbs, ported head, over sized valves... work in progress

New Pictures.......

on with the pics.

let me know what you all think its worth.
Your input is greatly appreciated.

It is a color change car for those of you who presented that idea. That is the reason for the black bay. Motor is from a 69 gtv. Seats from an early 70's spider as well as carpeting and a steering box. I have the rubber mats, but they are in sorry shape. dcoe 40 carbs by webber.

I was going for more of a weekend driver than a show stopper. This car just isnt top show car material. Do you think wanting to see 3-4 grand is completely out of the picture?

Still some work to do here and there.

Yes, i know the nose looks rough...not done with that either.

Thanks for all of your helpful input, greatly appreciated.

Also if you see something that would greatly impact the value, feel free to let me know.

-Dan

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
My favorite looking year. How is the interior? Running condition? I think the guys will need more info to get a range to you. Why not put it up on Ebay with a high reserve, and see what it brings?? It will cost you $100 bucks, but you will see what the market is interested in paying. Good luck.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
The 1971 Spider is the only kamm tail edition with the 1750 engine. Not that many were made, and these Spiders do have a following. Nonetheless, and since these cars are not rare collectibles, the most important factor affecting price is condition. From the pictures, this car looks like a driver, and from the description, it has modifications. Hence, you will not be catering to an audience looking for pristine, correct cars. While these cars in that high end condition do command a premium, their price falls off considerably when they have needs, as it is simply cheaper to buy a pristine car than it is to bring a driver to that level. It's not possible to give a good range without additional information, but assuming that everything else is in good condition, and the mechanical upgrades have been well done, I think you are looking at a ceiling of around $7/8k.

Best regards,

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I think you're being generous, Enrique. Based on my (so far unsuccessful) experiences trying to sell a '74 in very nice driver condition with recent paint, mechanical upgrades, and no real needs, I think this is maybe a $5k car at best.

-Jason

·
Registered
702 Posts
Without really knowing the condition it is hard to value. Is the second gear ok? Is there significant, if any rust? Are the engine mounts good? The first question you have to ask yourself; however, is how much would you be willing to take and let the car go and then add your premium from there. $6000 can get you a really nice '71-'79 with a lot of soild mods; Webers, upgraded suspension, etc. Just by the pics I'd venture $3500-$4900, but in reality it comes down on what somebody is willing to pay.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
I think you're being generous, Enrique. Based on my (so far unsuccessful) experiences trying to sell a '74 in very nice driver condition with recent paint, mechanical upgrades, and no real needs, I think this is maybe a $5k car at best.

-Jason
You are right, Jason... I purposely gave the car the benefit of the doubt, since there aren't any pics of the interior, trunk, undercarriage, etc... If however, the rest of the car is in similar condition to the pics posted, it would be a hard sell, and it would be hard to achieve $5k...

Best regards,

·
Super Moderator
11,357 Posts
We really don't know enough to supply a very detailed answer.

- Has the front end been repainted after the accident repair? One picture shows a large dent, while another shows the dent filled, and grey primer. Cars that don't look pretty don't sell for top $. Of course, if you spend $1,000 touching up the paint, the car might only bring a $1,000 higher price.

- Why is it black underhood? What was the car's original color? Non-original details like this (and the turbina wheels) position the car to the market that wants a cute little convertible for the summer, and not to collectors. Or to collectors that want to pay "bottom dollar" since they know how much it will take to restore it.

I like the ebay idea - take a lot of pictures, and see what the market will pay. I hope you find that we are all wrong, and it sells for well over $5,000.

·
Registered
705 Posts
i would need a lot more info and pictures to give a price. Looks like a color change car and a car that needs considerable mechanical and cosmetic work.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
It would be nice to see the rockers, floor, jack points and trunk, in making an opinion of value. If they are NOT rusty, I would consider it a good deal from 3-4K.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts