Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm looking for drawings/measurements for a '70s spider bell housing bolt pattern to make an adapter to hang a Porsche transaxle off the back of the Alfa motor. I checked with KEP and they don't manufacture an adapter for an Alfa motor so it looks like I'll have to make my own.
Thanks,
Justin

·
Super Moderator
12,252 Posts
Check with Larry at Alfa Parts Exchange (APE) to just buy a bellhousing. They are pretty common and shouldn't cost much.

Trusting some stranger to supply accurate dimensions and then using them to build a complex part, would give me nightmares. If you take the dimensions off a bellhousing yourself, you know they're right (or who to blame if they aren't!).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have the gear to make those measurements but I'm sure some one on the board does. I do have a cnc machine capable of drilling and profiling the plate though.

·
Premium Member
6,330 Posts
If all your looking for is the bolt pattern call larry at APE and see if he has the metal shim plate that goes between the block and bellhousing. On the 2 liters its 2 pieces one for the bellhousing and one for the starter. The shim plate on the 1750 motors are 1 piece. The 1750 would probably be best for what your wanting to do.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need more than the bolt pattern, I need the bolt pattern in relationship to the input shaft. That's where the precision needs to be to keep it all lined up. I don't think I'd be able to get that from the shim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts