Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess they are similar to early step-nose GTs. The flap around the door lock cylinder cracked. I need a driver's side assembly but maybe both sides are the same so it doesn't make a difference??? Not sure.

Let me know if you have one and how much it will cost. Thanks!

Michael

Attachments

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
These are the same for all GTVs, and reproductions can be found from all the major suppliers. The failure you experienced is fairly typical, so if you locate a used one make sure it doesn't have the same problem.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good advice! Now I hope I can figure out a way to keep the lock cylinder so I don't need 2 keys...

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
The key cylinders are fairly easy to get out, so you should be able to reuse the one from the old handle.

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
I need a driver's side assembly but maybe both sides are the same so it doesn't make a difference??? Not sure.
Right and left sides are different so make sure to ask for LEFT side. The GTs were made in both right and left hand drive so don't ask for driver's side or you might end up with the wrong handle.;)

This is the left side assembly:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Alf...I think I've secured one already from a fellow post-er. I love this board!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts