Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned it for 3 decades. It's located in Orlando, FL, USA. Incomplete.

I will consider trades of good racing parts for my 1600cc Giulia Spider or for my 750F 1300cc Giulietta.
I'll also consider interesting parts trades for my Giulia Scalino or 1967 Duetto.
Other interesting trades also considered.
fullsizeoutput_127b.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_127b.jpeg IMG_0465.JPG
fullsizeoutput_127b.jpeg IMG_0465.JPG IMG_0478.JPG
fullsizeoutput_127b.jpeg IMG_0465.JPG IMG_0478.JPG IMG_0468.JPG
fullsizeoutput_127b.jpeg IMG_0465.JPG IMG_0478.JPG IMG_0468.JPG IMG_0467.JPG

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have nothing to trade in, but I might buy it, and then you can use the money to get the parts you need. Or I can help you to find what you require. Is the block ok or does it have any cracks along the bottom? Please send me a PM with an asking price and what exactly is included. Or we just talk it out on the phone.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have nothing to trade, then you have nothing to offer me.
Maybe you'll understand it this way: "You can use the money to get the engine you need" (see above).
Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mr. Bauer,
Your English is perfect, I commend you.

It's you assumption and attitude that I find offensive. I didn't offer the engine 'For Sale' but "for trade". I don't want or need your money. I have a harder time finding interesting parts/engines than making money. You, as a car collector should understand this concept of trading parts to wealthy collectors as a tool, rather than offering him/her money (which they likely have plenty of already). I wish you well but please stop with the child-like insults. Even Oscar Wilde would be not be amused at your short fuse.

Some of my best acquisitions have been made by trading Ferrari Boano and 330GT parts that I bought for near nothing in the 1980s and traded, not sold, to fabulously wealthy European collectors for parts that I needed made of "Unobtanium". You should try it!

English is not my native tongue, but what I understand from your response, you are quite rude, and politeness doesn´t seem to be your predominant forte. Let´s ask Mr Oscar Wilde:
It is absurd to say that there are neither ruins nor curiosities in America when they have their mothers and their manners.

I will never help you, dipstick.

·
Push hard and live
9,651 Posts
Well said, Steve.

There is nothing inappropriate about stating one’s terms clearly, then sticking to them. Forthrightness and clarity are admirable characteristics.

What I find to be rude are people ignoring clearly stated terms by trying to argue, insultingly, against them.

I once offered a large stock of extremely rare vintage aircraft parts with a firm price, and all or nothing. An Englishman wasted four letters trying to change my offer. I finally told him he was disqualified from buying my stash. His reply?

“I thought you Americans were only about the almighty dollar.”

Bravo....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts