Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for the owner of 8513033, a Alfa 6c1750 from 1930 that will be sold at the 2011 Paris Auction. I think the car is in Holland, but dont know. I discovered a box of historical information, photos, race entries, badges, several hand written letters from 1931 to 1936, and photo glass plates of the car taken when it was new I believe. Also I have photos of the car in a ''team'' photo from it appears 1930, all total about 1 kilo of documents. I found this at a small market, and have hung on to it. If anyone can assist in tracking the owner, I want to sell it all as I beleive it belongs with the car. If anyone can assist in contact info, let me know. Tony , you can reach me at :) [email protected]

·
Registered
9,556 Posts
Welcome to AlfaBB, Tony!

I don't know the current owner or the history of the car, but I have a hunch the documents and pictures you have will be of more value to the new owner than the existing one.

Either way, I think it's great that you want to reunite the information with the car!

·
Registered
6,032 Posts
I have a hunch the documents and pictures you have will be of more value to the new owner than the existing one
Although I see your point, Ruedi, I would imagine that this information would add to the car's potential value to interested parties and the auction house should be informed immediately so that an amendment (or addendum) can be made to the catalogue entry. If I were the car's present owner, I would be exceptionally grateful to receive material which would add considerably to its provenance - and which might feasibly improve its performance before the hammer falls.

There are a few AlfaBB members with a considerable academic interest in pre-war cars, one such being iicarJohn who runs the Italian Car Registry. Maybe you could post a précis of the information here? Photos too?

Obviously, you have very sharp eyes, Tony! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
8513033- Alfa Romeo documents and photos

Obviously, you have very sharp eyes, Tony! :)
Well, I was just lucky, and it was clear to me that whoever packed this old box away on this old Alfa certainly was in love with her. I think what is so interesting is the original racing applications ( I thought they would be in the files of the event managers), so having the stamped ones are like artifacts of a time long gone. The 28 photo glass plates are in museum condition, and there is a letter from. Not sure if I ever saw these before in books, although since a kid I was in love with Alfa's of the 1920's and 30's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts