1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Push hard and live
8,929 Posts
I'm pretty sure I declined to buy this car in the late 70's.

I was living in Bloomington, Indiana, which is located in the general area the Arcturial story describes. The car was in the back of a shop where I got my Honda serviced. It appeared as though a large beam had fallen across the hood and right fender, was covered in dust, and generally very tired. I remember being baffled by the lack of the traditional Alfa heart grill, even to the point I somewhat doubted the owner's claim that it was an Alfa.

At that time I still had my 65 Sprint GT, and 59 2000, and was shifting my interest to aviation. We never got around to discussing price, but it was clear the owner really wished the car would go away. I was still a little depressed by the aggravations of restoring the 2000, so had no stomach for what would obviously be an undertaking well beyond my skills or checkbook.

Impressive car in its current state.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The owner should have my file: I wrote the story of the Italian ownerships of this car for the Villa d'Este elegance concours.The fact that Pininfarina owned the car for a short period is wrong, as like as many other things. As usual, the auction sale files are full of bull....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts