Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been some recent interest in 6C 2500 suspension replacement parts. I need a set my self and I would like to assess the feasibility of manufacturing these parts for owners/restorers. I have a full set of used original factory parts and I am getting some quotes from several tool makers for reproduction of sets of pinions, shells, cups and king pins.

That is:
The 4 pinion shafts for the chassis to trailing arms.
The 8 bearings (outer shell + needle rollers) for the trailing arm pinions.
The 8 bearings (inner and outer shells + needle rollers) for the trailing end of the arms to the king pin supports.
The 2 upper and 2 lower king pin cup shells + needle rollers.
The 2 king pins.
The 2 king pin thrust bearings.
The 2 spring reaction arm bearings outer shell and inner pin + needle rollers.

If there is enough interest from other owners in ordering sets of parts, I will go to the extra expense of using CNC manufacture and have machining programming done. This cost can be amortized over the total number of sets produced.

The basic machine parts have to be hardened with a multi stage heat treatment process. They then have the bearing surfaces ground to very close tolerances and several surfaces have to be polished for the finishing process.

I have specified the use of a high quality chrome alloy bearing steel of AISI 52100 or similar to try to achieve better than original durability.

This exercise is only at the feasibility stage and I am not able to estimate a final cost for the parts yet. They will not be cheap.

If you have a need and tentative interest in buying a set of these parts or any questions I would appreciate your contacting me by PM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There has been some recent interest in 6C 2500 suspension replacement parts. I need a set my self and I would like to assess the feasibility of manufacturing these parts for owners/restorers. I have a full set of used original factory parts and I am getting some quotes from several tool makers for reproduction of sets of pinions, shells, cups and king pins.

That is:
The 4 pinion shafts for the chassis to trailing arms.
The 8 bearings (outer shell + needle rollers) for the trailing arm pinions.
The 8 bearings (inner and outer shells + needle rollers) for the trailing end of the arms to the king pin supports.
The 2 upper and 2 lower king pin cup shells + needle rollers.
The 2 king pins.
The 2 king pin thrust bearings.
The 2 spring reaction arm bearings outer shell and inner pin + needle rollers.

If there is enough interest from other owners in ordering sets of parts, I will go to the extra expense of using CNC manufacture and have machining programming done. This cost can be amortized over the total number of sets produced.

The basic machine parts have to be hardened with a multi stage heat treatment process. They then have the bearing surfaces ground to very close tolerances and several surfaces have to be polished for the finishing process.

I have specified the use of a high quality chrome alloy bearing steel of AISI 52100 or similar to try to achieve better than original durability.

This exercise is only at the feasibility stage and I am not able to estimate a final cost for the parts yet. They will not be cheap.

If you have a need and tentative interest in buying a set of these parts or any questions I would appreciate your contacting me by PM.
Dear Sir,
Im in the same position with you is see that your post is a few months back.
Im fully restoring my 2500 6c frecia doro and my front suspension is't too bad but needs some attention. did you get a final quote for all the spear parts?

my email is [email protected]

kind regards

HP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts