Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 1969 spyder and I am tring to find the original color of the car it is currently maroon with maroon vinal interior and the dash is painted a gray blue. It was repainted in the early 90's and it was maroon before the repaint. the headrests looks orginal and they are maroon but from the research that I have done Alfa did not offer a car that was maroon in 1969. Thanks for the help

Gregg

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
If there is no paint code sticker, you can send an email with the chassis number to [email protected] . They'll respond with, among other things, the vehicles original color.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the trunk lid and there is not a paint code, but I will send the chassis number.

Thanks Gregg

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Centro Documentazione just E-mailed me back and they said the original color is graphite grey with amaranth skai interiors. I think that is maroon. So it probably still has the original interior. The top on the car is black does the correlate with the gray and maroon are was there a maroon top. If anybody has pics I would like to see the colors.

Thanks Gregg

·
Out of the office!
11,647 Posts
Centro Documentazione just E-mailed me back and they said the original color is graphite grey with amaranth skai interiors. I think that is maroon. So it probably still has the original interior. The top on the car is black does the correlate with the gray and maroon are was there a maroon top. If anybody has pics I would like to see the colors.

Thanks Gregg
That's a rare and beautiful colour combination.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
they typically respond very fast these days, often same or next day. I would resubmit your request

·
Registered
6,087 Posts

Thanks Gregg
The dash on a '69 Spider (and other roundtails) was always the same color as the exterior color of the body. Hence, when the interior color is described, it doesn't apply to the dash. If your dash was never repainted, then that is the original color, although it has probably faded some by now...

Best regards,

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
you are right it is faded, but I scratched some paint off inside of the door hinge and it was shiny gray. The car will go back to gray in the near future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts