Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to install window crank handles on my '69 Spider. I have the handles and the spring clips, but I'm not sure how to put them on. I assume the spring clip should be fitted into the slot in the handle and then the handle should be pushed onto the spline. Is this correct? When putting the spring clip into the slot, should the two hooked ends of the spring be protruding from a slot? When pushing the handle onto the spline, do you need to push really hard to force the spring clip to open? Thanks for the help!

·
Out of the office!
11,644 Posts
I need to install window crank handles on my '69 Spider. I have the handles and the spring clips, but I'm not sure how to put them on. I assume the spring clip should be fitted into the slot in the handle and then the handle should be pushed onto the spline. Is this correct? When putting the spring clip into the slot, should the two hooked ends of the spring be protruding from a slot? When pushing the handle onto the spline, do you need to push really hard to force the spring clip to open? Thanks for the help!
Sorry you slipped through the cracks. Put the spring clip on. The clip has two humps or bends that should fit into the slots on the handle. Put the handle on to the splined shaft and hit it with the palm of your hand to "pop" it on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts