Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have assembled the frame and have a problem with the left hand side arm.

The arm position is BENT in the middle.
You can see in attached pictures.

I have been trying hopelessly to find a way to adjust the frame to make the arm straight .

I have not fixed the soft top to the frame because I beleive that the frame must open into the correct orientation first.

Could you give me some guidance on this?

Would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Robert Valvo

Malta

Attachments

Registered
here you 'll find the factory manual for the top (S2 but I guess the principles are the same

Registered
Hi Robert,
The main attachment point behind the door (with 3 nuts) offers up, down and rotational adjustments. By leaving one nut snug and the other two loose, you can rotate the main upright piece behind the window towards the back at the top to the lengthen the space between the upright and the windshield frame. That should straighten the top piece out.
Overall the top frame adjustment should end up with the frame fitting around the window with each piece having a consistent gap, much like adjusting door gaps, only bigger. Start by getting the rear upright parallel to the rear edge of the window, with a consistent gap, then set the same gap between the frame and the top of the window.

Mike

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Robert,
The main attachment point behind the door (with 3 nuts) offers up, down and rotational adjustments. By leaving one nut snug and the other two loose, you can rotate the main upright piece behind the window towards the back at the top to the lengthen the space between the upright and the windshield frame. That should straighten the top piece out.
Overall the top frame adjustment should end up with the frame fitting around the window with each piece having a consistent gap, much like adjusting door gaps, only bigger. Start by getting the rear upright parallel to the rear edge of the window, with a consistent gap, then set the same gap between the frame and the top of the window.

Mike
Thanks Mike.

I tried up and down.

I will try to rotate backwards as you said.

Robert

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
here you 'll find the factory manual for the top (S2 but I guess the principles are the same
Thanks

The Series 1 Top Frame is different but some procedures should be the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts