Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm confused (again)! My Spider is an original California car and it has a paint code decal on the forward protion of the inside of the deck lid.

95-C-026
Bianco
DuPont

This is a decal with red lettering. I have no reason to think that this is not the original code. But, I can find no certain translation of these numbers to any that are posted on the web, and there are several. Anyone have a similar experience?

Bill

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
paint code

The 1750 body manual lists three different whites; AR008 Bianco P.F. (Farina White), AR103 Avoria P.F. (Ivory), both of which I believe are Spider only and AR013 Biancospina (Whitethorn). Any bodyshop should be able to cross the Alfa code to DuPont. None of the original 105 series Alfa paint code stickers I've seen (but I most certainly haven't seen them all) listed the suppliers paint code - only the Alfa paint code. Check out the paint code section at www.veloce.nu - pretty cool site.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Did a little digging and found this pic of a sticker that lives on a 1968 1750 GTV that was sold by Alfa to an Alfa dealer in Toronto that same year. But who the heck is Max Meyer? And were code stickers ever in English?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
A 69 Duetto came in either Bianco Spino which is almost as white as snow. The other white color was the Ivorio Bianco, which was an ivory tone of white, a bit cream/tan and very nice.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
The easy Bianco Spino....

Did my best to match the original bianco color on the Duetto. Ended up with a perfect match with PPG # 8382 in Acrylic Urithane single stage.
When I needed to touch up some areas, lo and behold, Rustolium white in a rattle can is a perfect match !!

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts