Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,667 Posts
chia said:
Found this 1969 1750 GTV (105.44) for restoration. Comes with a nice set of recaro seats.
What's nice about the Recaro seats?

And, are you sure they will fit in the car? The space between the driveshaft tunnel and the outer sill on a GT is pretty narrow - a lot of aftermarket seats won't fit, especially on the narrower passenger side. Or they will seem to fit, but position the driver too high to see out the windshield, and/or not centered on the steering wheel.

On the other hand, the original '69 Sprint seats are works of art. Are those also included with the car you are considering?

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The recaros apparently were made to fit the GTV but yeah you are right the original seats look better.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bought the car but unfortunately it does not come with engine, transmission, or original seats. I found a good running with no issues 2.0 engine and transmission. Would love to have a 1750 but for now the 2.0 would have to do. Sent my chassis number away and found that it was originally green AR216 and had tan wild boar leather interior. However when I look inside the car, I could not find any part even inside the doors that was green. The car was manufactured on July 29, 1968 and sold to Paris France on Sept 1968. Should I repaint it green or leave it red as what is on the car now? Wonder how hard is it to source an original flying buttress interior.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts