Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my steering idler arm hits the clutch slave, when I turn the wheel all the way to the right. I know that there is a bolt that is supposed to stop that but it does not seem to be barely long enough. Is there something else that may be not adjusted correctly? The car is sitting up on jack stands right now with the wheels off.

·
Premium Member
22,148 Posts
Any chassis damage that might contribute? Is the engine/trans mounted properly and not off to the side? Are the tie rod ends sound? Maybe they're sloppy and letting the rods move fore/aft too much?
The steering stop bolt are 8mm diam, and not that long. I'd think you hae 30-40mm of adjustement on them. Swing the steering back and forth and seem what's going on. Engine/trans combo might be off center somewhat? Never heard of this problem before.
Andrew

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking at a lot of those same issues, everythings seems to be in good shape. I replaced the motor mounts last week and have new transmission mount. I was thinking that it may be in the adjustment of the center steering link or the tie rods, plan to check them out better today. Is there a set length the center link should be set at?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I see what mean. That will give me a good starting point, that setting would be to much toe-in for a performance car. Is the other length on there the tie rods?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts