Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD - 69 GTV Roller Project in SoCal

Robbert's 69 GTV is sold to local BB Member Jeff.

I'm helping my neighbor, Robbert who is not as comfortable with a computer, by posting this ad on the BB. He is a true "OG" Alfista having fallen in love with Alfas while growing up in Holland and continuing that when he came stateside as a young man.

What I hope to do is connect anyone that is interested in the '69 GTV with Robbert. We are located in Covina, CA (north of Cal Poly Pomona). Robbert doesn't have a cell phone and he won't answer his land-line due to telemarketers (LOL) but I can give him your email address so that communication can be more direct. But, I'm more than happy to answer questions or relay questions to Robbert for answers.

This 69 GTV was a project that Robbert decided given his age, he's not going to get done after all. It has been in the garage since he bought it some years back. The engine and trans were pulled and found themselves in one of his other GTV's.

Robbert's asking price is $3500 firm.

The body is sound and the lines straight. The glass is all there and the chrome in good shape. All the parts needed to complete are there.

The dash has one crack in it but the wood inserts are pretty decent.

The bolstered seats will need to be redone and some of the weather stripping, too.

A 1750 engine and transmission are available for $500 but both may need to be rebuilt.

Robbert has the pink slip that was signed over from the P/O. He recently went to AAA and was told that there were no back fees etc. that would be due to the Calif. DMV if sold.

I did place some 30+ photos of the GTV in a Photobucket album and can send them to anyone that is interested. Just PM your email address.

Here are a few photos that will hopefully give anyone that might be interested an idea of what the GTV is like.

Apologies for such a long posting but appreciate your checking it out.

Tony

Attachments

·
Registered
186 Posts
Could you email the albumlink to [email protected] I live too far to actually buy the car but just want to drool looking at the pics and the cars that sell on the west coast!! There is never any good stuff here on the north east

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 69 GTV Sold But . . .

Robbert, aka the "Flying Dutchman" to me, just let me know that the 69 GTV sold and buyer, Jeff is also picking up an engine, trans and driveshaft as well.

Robbert also has a '74 GTV that is a running and registered Non Op here in Calif. that he may be looking to sell as well. If he does then I'll help post that for him in the not too distant future. The body isn't as sweet as the '69 that just sold but it's not bad.

That will leave him with his other '69 which is a project that he drives daily.

Robbert also has a lot of parts which he is beginning to catalog that he would like to see offered to BB members first.

Thanks to everyone that messaged me for the Photobucket pix.

Tony

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Postscript - 74 Sold As Well

The buyer for the '69 collects and races Alfas. He told his friend about the 74 and that one was sold & picked up later in the day.

Attached is a photo of all 3 of Robbert's GTV's though the one he is keeping is hidden by the 74. The 74 did have those rust issues around the windows (photo is of the worst of them) but otherwise could definitely be brought to life. the "Flying Dutchman" was able to drive it onto the trailer (albeit both went with sadness on his part - see last photo).

my neighbor took his wife to "Lost Wages" Nevada for her birthday and upon returning he's looking to further clean up his garage which is loaded with parts from his years of owning Alfas. The two buyers were toying with the idea of purchasing the lot of parts but if they don't, then I told my neighbor, I'd help him post them on the BB in the Parts forum.

He IS KEEPING his other '69 but if that changes, I'm sure the BB will be the first to know ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Michael,

Both of the GTV's sold and my neighbor is keeping the 3rd one because that's his daily driver. I'll also send you an email.

Good luck in your search.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts