Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gluttons for restoration punishment might want to check out ebay auction #330178929026. Not my car, I don't know the owner, I'm neither knocking nor promoting it, yadda yadda. But, fellow connoisseurs of these sorts of projects might find it interesting.

The car looks to be: a) complete, and b) needing everything. Located in Palm Springs (no, they don't salt the roads there), it appears to have more sun damage than rust. Has those cool "flying butress" seats. The ebay description is kind of amusing - just a couple of sentences, and it's descirbed as an "Alfa Romero" (well, at least not an "Alpha Romero").

Bidding starts at $3,500, and ends on Wednesday. It just popped up on my search screen - has it been listed for the past 12 days and I'm just seeing it, or does the seller figure that if he gives prospective buyers more than a couple days to calculate restoration costs for this puppy, they'll change their minds? Is $3,500 fair? As I always say with a project of this magnitude, by the time you are done, the cost of acquiring the car will be a tiny percent of the total.

I hope someone saves it, but I'm not volunteering. Maybe the seller will throw in that Volvo 122 in the background.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
This was one of two cars from Tuscon sold in a lot on eBay a week or so ago.

eBay Motors: 1969 Alfa GTV Non Running parts car LOT 2 cars [email protected]@K (item 230180860808 end time Oct-16-07 18:57:49 PDT)

Probably a reasonable price for a AZ, presumably rust free shell.
Of the 2 that were in that auction, this is the ugly one (not to say the other was pretty.) It looked like the doors and rockers were pretty well done. It might have been the angle of the picture but it looked to me like serious rust.

Just my $.02

Will

1 - 3 of 3 Posts