Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a '69 1750 GTV that has been converted to a single brake circuit system. Can anyone tell me the benefits of this versus re installing brake boosters?

Thank you:)

·
Registered
250 Posts
If I Had A 69 That Had Brake Issues, That's What I Would Do Too. There's Alot To Be Said For Simplicity. Theoretically The Dual Circuit's Safer, But The 69 System Has So Many Potential Failure Points I Don't Think The Theory Holds Up. We Raced For Years With A Stock Duetto System. Didn't Change Even When We Went To 1750 Calipers. Never Had A Booster And Never Had A Problem. Complete,sudden Brake Failure Is Generally Caused By A Severe Fluid Leak So Good Lines And Fittings Are A Must.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I have this setup on my car. It was done for a number of reasons. First I didn't have the $ for a second new booster, and second, the master cylinders are NLA. There are people on the board who rebuild them, but I'd rather have a new part. The benefit of a single circuit system is less places for it to leak/fail. The brake pedal feels better as well (if done correctly). The major drawback is that if you have a leak, you have no brakes very quickly. If you are booster free, it will save you lots of headaches trying to figure out where the vacuum leak is when you have one. You should check your brake fluid level on a very regular basis.

Nice find on the car,

Will

1 - 4 of 4 Posts