Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are the brakes on the '69 Spider the same as the '71 - '74 GTV? I started sorting out a '69 Spider I purchased last week and found Koni's and steel braided brake lines! I noticed that the calipers and rotors are the same as the ones on my '73 and '74 GTVs. Is this standard or has this car been upgraded? Appreciate the feedback.

Alvin.

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP,
16,232 Posts
Well, yes and no. The ATE calipers, rotors, spindles, etc. as fitted from at least '68 thru '74 are interchangable between Spiders and GTVs. Early 1750 105s though have lefthand wheel studs on the left side of the car but owing to the increasing difficulty of finding lefthand thread front rotors, many owners put the readily available righthand thread rotors on the left side. The master cylinder in the '69 US version is mounted under the floor and has two brake boosters while the '71 on cars have the master mounted to a single booster under the hood. There are slight hydraulic and brakelight activation circuit differences as well. The braided hoses though are add-ons.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Roundtail brake lines

Hi,
anyone know of a good source for a metal brake line "kit" to fit 69 roundtails?
or suggestions as to build your own DIY (fittings, lines, tools)?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
298 Posts
69 brakes

My 69 Spider (10562) came to me without the dual boosters. I have obtained a very good used pair. I have no idea of what lines are needed to reassemble the system. who in Europe would have pre made lines? where can I find diagrams or photos of how these lines are connected?

Thanks in advance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts