Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love someone that has a correct gas tank sending unit for my Berlina.
I am tired of full is empty and empty is full on the gauge. The last place I had it at (Alfa Shop) removed the old and replaced it with a incorrect one. This was several years ago. I still own my Berlina but it has turned into a casual driver and I keep a empty gas can in the trunk. I want drive it more now.

·
Premium Member
22,170 Posts
Centerline and IAP have new units. See if you have Veglia or Jaeger gauges and get the proper matching sending unit. First make a good ground from the sending unit to the body.
Presumably the gauge works if it shows full at any time, but you can test it by grounding the gauge wire with the key on; it should go to full.
Andrew

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andrew,
Thanks. I have Veglia gauges. IAP only has Jaeger. I looked at Centerline today. Centerline has both for the 105. I will contact them next week.The shop must of installed a Jaeger sending unit on the Berlina.
Thanks,
Alvis III

·
Premium Member
22,170 Posts
69 Berlina have the short, small tank, which should match GTVs and Spiders. Some 72-73 Berlinas had the deeper 14-gal tank, which take a sender that's a couple inches deeper. I just sold/installed one I got from CL a couple years ago in a friend's 72 Berlina. I don't know if those are available, but you don't need one for a 69 in any case.
Andrew

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that also. How do you know wat tank was installed during the late 60's.
I will also ask Centerline. I do not know what tank is in my Berlina.

·
Premium Member
22,170 Posts
It'll have a 12-gallon "small" tank. Only the 72-73 Berlinas had the large 13-gallon tank.
Look at your gauges; whatever they are (Veglia or Jaeger) is what your sender should be.
Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts