Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help or guidance on the rear brake lines for my Berlina. Took(broke) both left and right lines removing them yesterday. They were probably original. Each line has two different fittings. Seems like one side is a flare and the other a mushroom and the sizes do not seem to be the same.

Can someone tell me what they are?

Just went to my local auto parts store and of course not in the computer.

Thanks in advance for your help

Jeff

·
Premium Member
21,690 Posts
Those lines are standard to all rear axles with ATE brakes, so unless you want to make them with a flare kit, I'd look/ask for a good set off an axle.

Yes, different flares on each end. If you want to make the pipes, save the existing ends. It's a steepish learning curve on getting them right.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
5,538 Posts
Andrew is right - unless you know what you are doing, don't bother trying to flare them yourself. A brake shop should be able to do that cheap. Follow the lines back to the Tee fitting and disconnect them from there. Use heat to loosen them if necessary (but do realize that you are near fuel lines and a gas tank). Remove the lines and have them re-flare the ends - there should be enough extra to make it as long as they are effecient. Otherwise have them make new ones and bend to fit.

According to my notes, the fitting on the caliper end is a male M10-1 DIN. The Tee fitting side is a male 3/8-24 SAE.

·
Super Moderator
10,599 Posts
International Auto and Centerline both sell brake line sets. They don't have them for Berlinas and the set includes all the lines - not just the ones on the differential. See: Alfa Romeo and Fiat Metal Brake Line Sets You might call them to ask if they would sell just the lines that you need.

Seems that I recall seeing a listing for just the differential lines from one of the Alfa specialty vendors (Vick? Spruel? Eriminas?, Classic Alfa?) I only researched the two vendors mentioned above, but a little more searching might turn up what you need.

·
Premium Member
21,690 Posts
I bet it you ask here, you'll find a ton on good axles. They're all the same, 105/115, other than early drum brake and Dunlop disk, which you're not likely to run into.
Andrew

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to Thank everyone for the info. I did post a wanted ad. I will let you know what I find or decide to do.

·
Premium Member
21,690 Posts
Call Larry Jr at APE, 925 200-1998. They probably have more axles than anybody and can set you up. Also, lines on a Calif axle are likely to come off without breaking or bending.

Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts