Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Started my 69 GTV 1750 restoration in June 14. Its now complete to go to paint shop anytime now. Going back with origen colour code Dutch Blue AR 343.
All the sheet metal was imported from Alfa Classics UK.
I have done the rotessery restoration on my back and it looks perfect after so much work! but very satisfied with the out come.
Will post more pictures only allow to install 5 at time at moment.:thumbup:
I also made a jig to support the car while taking the rocker's out from the car.
All metal was replaced including the spare wheel housing. No patches were fabricaited all sheet metal was new installed.
I used a Mig welder Lincoln and did an outstanding job.

Attachments

·
Administrator
12,522 Posts
No patches were fabricated all sheet metal was new installed.
Not giving you a hard time but you did install patches, just patches that somebody else made, ie. Alfa Classics UK, ie. the rear wheel arches.

The alternative was to replace the whole guard so you quite acceptably let in arch patch repairs.

I still don't understand why everybody is so upset with the term "patch"? Back in the 60's that is how Ferrari body makers made their bodies, many "patches" welded together.
Pete

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not giving you a hard time but you did install patches, just patches that somebody else made, ie. Alfa Classics UK, ie. the rear wheel arches.

The alternative was to replace the whole guard so you quite acceptably let in arch patch repairs.

I still don't understand why everybody is so upset with the term "patch"? Back in the 60's that is how Ferrari body makers made their bodies, many "patches" welded together.
Pete
Hi Pete!
I feel you.... patch indeed! was done but no overlapping any were in my car.
I have got it back from the paint shop and on the process of assembly. So far much as been done almost finished with mechanical.
Have slowed down due to the winter now :(
but its coming on beautiful will post some pictures of my progress.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
69 GTV restoration

Up dating! with my work on my 69 GTV.
I am now in the process of assembly after the car came from the paint shop in Dec, lots been done but i can only load 5 pictures at a time. It was painted back to the origen color Dutch Blue AR343.
Also this winter its been brutal and not much can be done due to the cold weather :(
Will keep you all posted.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
69 GTV Restoration

Looking good. And I see that spring has sprung already for you folks in the sunny south.....envious of that to be sure!
Thanks for the feed! Its still cold out doors. However much better than the North folks for sure.
I am taking my time assembling this baby but its coming along very nice. I have the engine and Trans installed as well, need to install complete new Exhaust System. Once this faze finished then I will start to install the new Head liner interior etc.
Its going to be a sweet ride when finished :)
Will keep posting.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
69 GTV restoration

Update! on the body metal. Just in case some of you that might be wondering how the Rocker Panels were cut off and installed.
I made a simple tool that clamps the door post on the car and it keeps the body straight without any movement of collapse !cheap and easy to brase the Body and work like a charm :) Keep in mind with one brace one side only can be cut off to be done right and safe.
More body pictures attach. Hope this can help someone in the future.
Good luck to all.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts