Alfa Romeo Forums banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,142 Posts
I have the same problem contacting John Duncan. I tried the AOL email address; I pm'd him here; I placed an order through CLASSIC CAR DECALS - Restoration stickers for classic cars.. Nothing happened. I had Sell Online | Sell Items Online | Accept Credit Cards Online | Merchant Account Alternative (the company who handles payment for CARCLASSIC.BIZ try to contact him....nuthin'. Finally cancelled the order.

I came here tonight looking for a way to contact him, and found this thread. I'm looking for a complete sticker set for a 71.Spider, and specifically a SPICA box silver decal.
I don't know if that website belongs to John. I know that he is extremely busy with life and job. The occasional request that trickles in may not be motivation enough to fire up his printer.

I will try again to see if I can reach him.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Thanks Brian

I am not sure that that website belongs to John either.... I only tried it after I failed to make contact with him through his AOL email address and by pm'ing him here.

However, whether it belongs to John or not, no one is home there.

Perhaps we could convince John to do a sort of "Last Call" production run if we gathered enough people to make it worth the bother?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I found a shot of some various canisters on the BB, attached. Not sure if any are "correct". Also attach is a shot of my black canister—after cleaning and repainting. The rusty black FIAMM canister shows the decal I think I need to find.

I also attach a pdf doc I found on the bb that may have some useful info.

I also am awaiting word back from John. The latest contact info I have for John is:

John M. Duncan

I'll try him one more time after sending this.

If anyone finds other sources, please advise. I'll update if I reach John. I'm also looking for a FIPSA decal for the fuel filter canister. Thx.
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Message left

Just called and got John's voicemail. I left a msg, so we'll what happens. More when I know it.

Regards,

SDP

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,142 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Apologies

Sorry for the unintended transgression. I guess I am unfamiliar with protocol on the BB, etc. I also didn't know John intended to keep his info confidential, since I thought he was selling to the public.

Anyway, that said, I am properly chastised I guess and relay my mea culpa to John or anyone else offended. I will refrain from similar missteps in the future. No offense intended obviously.

SDP

·
Australian Member
100 Posts
Bill Gillham was making decals and also Uri Schwartz in Israel was. I have bought from both these people as well as JD. All are good quality and reasonably priced. If you can't find JD try the other 2.

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,142 Posts

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,142 Posts
Sorry for the unintended transgression. I guess I am unfamiliar with protocol on the BB, etc. I also didn't know John intended to keep his info confidential, since I thought he was selling to the public.

Anyway, that said, I am properly chastised I guess and relay my mea culpa to John or anyone else offended. I will refrain from similar missteps in the future. No offense intended obviously.

SDP
It was an innocent mistake. I just don't want him to get pummeled wit phone calls.

Let us know if you hear from him.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I found a shot of some various canisters on the BB, attached. Not sure if any are "correct". Also attach is a shot of my black canister—after cleaning and repainting. The rusty black FIAMM canister shows the decal I think I need to find.

I also attach a pdf doc I found on the bb that may have some useful info.

I also am awaiting word back from John. The latest contact info I have for John is:

John M. Duncan

I'll try him one more time after sending this.

If anyone finds other sources, please advise. I'll update if I reach John. I'm also looking for a FIPSA decal for the fuel filter canister. Thx.
Scott
Thanks for the effort and the pictures. If anybody else has a picture of the Comit canister with the lettering I would be grateful.

Theodore

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #153 (Edited)
e-Bay Euro, particularly .DE and .IT, have "complete' sets of Alfa decals for sale. Sometimes all pieces are not so accurate for a model-year. That may be because they did not have US-spec models. That said, nobody really carries a good decal for the silk screens seen on air cleaners, shock absorbers, and oil & fuel filter canisters. There were 6 different canister oil filters provided for 1969 and each has its own silkscreen label.

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,142 Posts
I had some success with Bill. I got the DUCO decal and the Made in Italy door jam decal.

Bruce, I want to thank you for your efforts in getting all of this done. I'm pretty bummed I missed out on the opportunity to purchase a complete set from John.

I'll have to think about my level of interest of recreating the wheel, as I'd really like to have some authentic looking things on my car.

If anyone has the graphic files, I'd be interested in chatting with you.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
...I am looking for a clear picture of the lettering of the Comit filter housing of my 1968 1759 gtv in order to reproduce the decal by myself....
this is a fairly decent photo from an australian supplier

Attachments

141 - 158 of 158 Posts