121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Out of the office!
11,286 Posts

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Brad, could you post an actual pic of the seatbelt clasp itself. Mine appear to be quite different. The surface finish on mine is much different. Thanks, B

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Brad, could you post an actual pic of the seatbelt clasp itself. Mine appear to be quite different. The surface finish on mine is much different. Thanks, B
They look the same to me. Chrome ring is completely different for the GTV than the Spider. The ring and all belts are dated 1969. I'll add close up photos later.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Here are the close-ups showing surface textures.

Klippan Alfa buckle-1.jpg

Klippan Alfa buckle-2.jpg

BTW, the arrow on the chrome part of the latch is to adjust the belt tension. To release the latch from the ring, you simply grasp the entire buckle and pull.

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #125 (Edited)
Yea Brad, that is a different type than my 69 came with. I had no center ring but inner soft belts. I call them the clamshell style. I think mine also have raised text across the top but they have been off for several years in favor of 3-point inertial reel cross shoulder belts. B

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Yea Brad, that is a different type than my 69 came with. I had no center ring but inner soft belts. I call them the clamshell style. I think mine also have raised text across the top but they have been off for several years in favor of 3-point cross shoulder belts. B
The fronts are fixed 3-point belts - I believe the Spider were lap only. Since I have an extra set of front 3-pointers, I may use those for the rear (if I can convince my daughter to sit back there).

Also, since I'll have to get them rewebbed anyway, I'm toying with the idea of adding an inertia reel on the shoulder portion of the belts. That way, I have the old style latches with the ability to lean forward when necessary.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
And back to the sticker topic (sorry for the hi-jack).

I hope no one minds but I adjusted John's drawing of the seat belt sticker by removing the extra bumps, smoothing some of the curves, and altering the jaw line. Here's how it came out:

seatbelt sticker repro_edited-1.jpg

View attachment 246217

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
decals wanted!

Got some new additions to this mix. I've got the FISPA airbox decal, the glovebox door defrost decal, the FISPA fuel filter cannister decal, and the FISPA fuel filter tag decal all created. Thought I would share some pictures/jpgs of each.

Best Regards,
John M
John:

Sent you a PM but want to make sure we connect, so I am sending a reply here too. Plz contact me when time allows. Thx
Scott

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got some new additions to this mix. I've got the FISPA airbox decal, the glovebox door defrost decal, the FISPA fuel filter cannister decal, and the FISPA fuel filter tag decal all created. Thought I would share some pictures/jpgs of each.

Best Regards,
John M
John:

Sent you a PM but want to make sure we connect, so I am sending a reply here too. Plz contact me when time allows. Thx
Scott
John M: I've been searching for the glove box defroster instruction sticker for ages. Any help in acquiring it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks, Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
got some new additions to this mix. I've got the fispa airbox decal, the glovebox door defrost decal, the fispa fuel filter cannister decal, and the fispa fuel filter tag decal all created. Thought i would share some pictures/jpgs of each.

Best regards,
john m
john:

Sent you a pm but want to make sure we connect, so i am sending a reply here too. Plz contact me when time allows. Thx
scott
john m: I've been searching for the glove box defroster instruction sticker for ages. Any help in acquiring it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me at [email protected]. Thanks, rob
attachment is on prior thread.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Source for authentic stickers?

Can anyone give me advice on where to purchase the best and most complete set of stickers for my '69 Sipder?

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I have the same problem contacting John Duncan. I tried the AOL email address; I pm'd him here; I placed an order through CLASSIC CAR DECALS - Restoration stickers for classic cars.. Nothing happened. I had http://www.ccnow.com (the company who handles payment for CARCLASSIC.BIZ try to contact him....nuthin'. Finally cancelled the order.

I came here tonight looking for a way to contact him, and found this thread. I'm looking for a complete sticker set for a 71.Spider, and specifically a SPICA box silver decal.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Comit Oil Housing Decal.

Hello, I have the same problem. Tried to contact John several times but no answer. I am looking for a clear picture of the lettering of the Comit filter housing of my 1968 1759 gtv in order to reproduce the decal by myself.

Thank you in advance, Theodore

Attachments

121 - 140 of 158 Posts