Alfa Romeo Forums banner

101 - 120 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Great thread here gents. It looks like I need to get most of these stickers for my 69 GTV and I'm thinking that a related thread specific for GTV's may be in order.
Sounds like a good idea. Many of these decals would be the same I guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Original battery stickers for 1976 Alfa Spider 2000

Hi there,
this thread is amazing , I have learnt a great deal. I was hoping that someone might know what the original stickers were on the battery of the 1976 Spider 2000 .??

I have found very little on this , only thing I could find is it could be a Magneti Marelli Battery .

any help or images would be great , As I am going to re-produce the stickers for concours use . any one welcome to the file once completed .

Martin

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hey Martin:

Feel free to pop me an email at jmduncan01 at aol dot com. I don't know of any battery decals for a 76 US spider. My 78 US version spiders have battery in back with a plastic cover over them. Don't know if 76 was same configuration or not.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hello,

Would it be safe to assume that the 69 1750 decals will be the same for the 71 1750?

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Not all but most. Not even all 69 stickers were the same. The two door stickers are one notable item, the Made in Italy sticker and the DOT sticker/plaque. Perhaps someone with a camtail can weigh-in?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
The Fispa sticker on the Spica airbox is different; the '69 had it silkscreened. There are several different foil stickers for the airbox.

The sticker in the glove box door might be different. The emission sticker will most likely be different. The lubricant sticker I think is different. But John will know all this. (Oh, John, while I'm thinking of it, I still need to get that emission sticker from you.)

Did '71s have a Made in Italy sticker? Mine didn't have one, but it didn't have a lot of things it was supposed to have when I got it.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hey "Bobby Ferachi":D:D:D

You coming to KY aren't you!!!!! Send me your mailing address via email and I'll throw it in the mail to you...and anything else you need. Just let me know.

69 and 71 are different sets as noted. Emissions, lodge, lubrication, airbox decals are all different. Probably others, but those off the top of my head. And GTV slightly different from Spider as well. Some were the same though.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
696 Posts
Were would we buy this set? We looked at centerline and it appears that they only have it for the Guilas.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Just pop me a PM with your email address and what you are looking for and I'll hit you back with cost and invoice etc.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
696 Posts
Hi John, I was wondering if you received my email with my pictures for the decals? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hi John, I was wondering if you received my email with my pictures for the decals? Thanks.
Hi Charles:

Sure did, replied yesterday morning. If you don't receive, let me know and I'll resend.

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
696 Posts
Please resend this to me as my system has bugs. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Will do...

Saw your progress in the restoration thread. Looks GREAT!!!

Best Regards,
John M

·
Registered
7,260 Posts

Attachments

·
Certified Oldschooler
7,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Not that it matters for the image but it looks like a silk screen applied image.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
Bruce,
I know this is an old thread but I found a set of Klippan belts with nearly pristine stickers on the rear belts. Hope this helps in some way.

BTW, if sets are still being produced, I'm interested in purchasing a set as I'm sure most were also on the GTVs.

Outside diameter of the sticker is 18 mm. The diameter of the black circle is 15.5 mm.

Klippan Alfa badge-1a.jpg

Klippan Alfa badge-2.jpg

·
USTA BE AN AD-MIN
11,132 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
See post #67 of this thread.
I saw it. But since the sticker was in poor shape, it resulted in a reproduction with errors. Note the extra bumps between the mouth and crown and directly beneath the crown. These were places where the paint had been rubbed off by a bump under the sticker. I posted them purely for clarity.

101 - 120 of 158 Posts