Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
`61 Giulietta Spider, `65 Giulia Ti 1750, `69 GT junior 1600, `73 Spider 2000, `74 GTV 2000, `98 156
1,855 Posts
Great to see another of these under appreciated ser 1 Alfetta GTV`s being restored-looks like a total strip down and high quality work. Was there much rust in this one? I take it you are in North America somewhere?

Richard J

`67 Giulia Ti, `69 GTJ, `74 GTV, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `81 Alfasud Ti, `84 GTV6, `90 164

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great to see another of these under appreciated ser 1 Alfetta GTV`s being restored-looks like a total strip down and high quality work. Was there much rust in this one? I take it you are in North America somewhere?

Richard J

`67 Giulia Ti, `69 GTJ, `74 GTV, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `81 Alfasud Ti, `84 GTV6, `90 164
Hi Richard,
As far as the rust was concerned, I was lucky on this Alfetta. It had rust at the lower corners of the front windshield and at three of the corners on the window in the rear hatch. I was able to cut out a few inches of metal to fix the windshield issue, and I found a good replacement hatch to fix the back. Other than that, just a little surface rust starting on the hood.
I'm near Seattle. Prior to me, the car spent its life around San Jose California.
I'll post additional pictures into the Alfetta section.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi great pictures.Could you tell me what color your 1969 spider is.Is it base clear.
I took the 69 Spider apart and rebuilt it about 15 years ago. I don't remember exactly what paint was used, but it was a PPG product, Alfa 501 Red, no clear top coat (just color over primer).

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
i would love to see the interior of the spider. thanks.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
the Spider looks really nice, but I also love that Alfetta. VERY nice!!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
jeff

i luv the euro front end on the affetta gt... was it a big job to remove the usa bumper valance? i always want to do that on my old sprint veloce

great lookin car

d

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jeff

i luv the euro front end on the affetta gt... was it a big job to remove the usa bumper valance? i always want to do that on my old sprint veloce

great lookin car

d
Thanks,
It wasn't a huge job. I used a spot weld cutter to remove the lower nose panel. With that off, I just used a cutting torch to remove the US-bumper mounts and a grinder to clean up what was left.
It would be a job at this point, if I ever decided to mount a Euro front bumper.

Jeff

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow! Awesome to see an Alfetta getting some respect. Really cool, love the silver. It's so rare to see those in great shape. Yes, please more pics on that car. Duetto is of course nice too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts