Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Generally if your car not is a step-front coupe, the picture is the correct centre heart. Going by the fact that you describe your car as a "Series 1", I'd have to assume it is a 1750 Series 1 in which case I believe that is the correct heart and they are common to both Series 1 and Series 2 1750's, as per this pic on the Alfaholics website.

However if your car is a step-front, then the correct centre heart should curl over the top of the front panel. It's hard to describe so see attached pic of my step-front centre heart, this pic of the same on the Alfaholics website.

There is also this very good thread which discusses the differences between various models, and this thread which asks the same question for a step-front car.

Before I get corrected by the retentive, when I say generally this is the case, it is because I think the GTA is the exception to this rule - it was a step front but had the smaller heart. But then, the GTA was the exception to so many rules. Oh, and the 2000 coupe of course didn't have a separate heart at all as it was integrated into the grille.

Cheers,
-Col-

Attachments

· Registered
157 Posts
Good pick up.
I can see a clip, albeit a different shape to the clip on the Alfaholics grille. But I can't see the housing at the bottom of the heart. It could just be that it can't be seen from the angle of the pics, but best to ask the seller and be sure.

Where are you buying it from?
It is possible that others have bought from there and can tell you from experience if it's the correct part.

Anyone more familiar with 1750's able to help out here?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.