Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terribly sorry if this has been asked before, But I can't find a firm answer in search...

Can anyone confirm whether the heart shaped grille is common in the series 1 and 2? mine has the top horizontal piece missing which I hear is quite common... can anyone confirm the one in the picture attached is correct?

thanx in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Generally if your car not is a step-front coupe, the picture is the correct centre heart. Going by the fact that you describe your car as a "Series 1", I'd have to assume it is a 1750 Series 1 in which case I believe that is the correct heart and they are common to both Series 1 and Series 2 1750's, as per this pic on the Alfaholics website.

However if your car is a step-front, then the correct centre heart should curl over the top of the front panel. It's hard to describe so see attached pic of my step-front centre heart, this pic of the same on the Alfaholics website.

There is also this very good thread which discusses the differences between various models, and this thread which asks the same question for a step-front car.

Before I get corrected by the retentive, when I say generally this is the case, it is because I think the GTA is the exception to this rule - it was a step front but had the smaller heart. But then, the GTA was the exception to so many rules. Oh, and the 2000 coupe of course didn't have a separate heart at all as it was integrated into the grille.

Cheers,
-Col-

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes sorry its a 1750. The pic I listed to me doesn't look the same as the one on the alfaholics website... I can't see a cutout at the bottom of the grille as well as the clip at the bottom, just a bit suspicious. i'll ask for more pics...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good pick up.
I can see a clip, albeit a different shape to the clip on the Alfaholics grille. But I can't see the housing at the bottom of the heart. It could just be that it can't be seen from the angle of the pics, but best to ask the seller and be sure.

Where are you buying it from?
It is possible that others have bought from there and can tell you from experience if it's the correct part.

Anyone more familiar with 1750's able to help out here?

·
Trained (ex)Professional, , 1953-2018 RIP
16,232 Posts
Yes, the Series 1 and Series 2 1750 GTVs use the same grille. The GTV grille differs from the Berlina grille in that it has a notch on the bottom, the Berlina grille doesn't. There are two different mounting clips however. The single clip grille as posted by osso has the clip go into a slot in the front of the facia. The double clip version, as pictured in the first post, clips onto a vertical portion of the facia behind the grille. The double clip version will fit either facia but the single clip will not.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,698 Posts
Yes, the Series 1 and Series 2 1750 GTVs use the same grille. The GTV grille differs from the Berlina grille in that it has a notch on the bottom, the Berlina grille doesn't. There are two different mounting clips however. The single clip grille as posted by osso has the clip go into a slot in the front of the facia. The double clip version, as pictured in the first post, clips onto a vertical portion of the facia behind the grille. The double clip version will fit either facia but the single clip will not.
A wealth of knowledge, as usual. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts