Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Looks like its original color is/was Bluette ... was something beautiful once upon a time

·
Premium Member
23,941 Posts
There's some discussion of it on the Giulia Wanted sticky on the Sedan forum.
Andrew

·
Registered
839 Posts
Theres a 64 Bluette TI locally on CL for 19k. needs rockers? might need more, and seller is crusty? all hearsay, but Andrew knows more
Seems theres a lot there to work with and doesnt seem too far off from a glance. I know what it took to do my Berlina and where Im at with my 67 Super, so broken down with refurb costs deducted, might be worth taking a look. These arent getting cheaper and refurb costs are following suit

·
Premium Member
23,941 Posts
I looked it for a guy here, and Larry Jr looked at it some years ago. Really a cobbled disaster. Rockers are just the beginning of what it needs.
This ad:
Maybe at half the price worth considering, but really everything on it needs attention. Seller is kind of full of hot wind too. 200 HP? He's lucky if it's 100.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Theres a 64 Bluette TI locally on CL for 19k. needs rockers? might need more, and seller is crusty? all hearsay, but Andrew knows more
Andrew looked at it for me, and his summary above is still kind. I still ‘wanted’ to like it but I know a bad deal when I see one and that car isn’t worth $19k... and he’s pretty firm on that price. It also needs the door bottoms fixed, carbs rebuilt and that’s what this Alfa newbie discovered in less than 15 minutes of seeing it. I was ready to overpay at $15k but he didn’t even want to discuss price... so I didn’t and went and bought a much better car for less than $15k

·
Premium Member
23,941 Posts
It hadn't driven much in years. It needs brakes, tuning, has 164 seats, cobbled wiring, paint peeling, etc. etc. Hardly can get out of its own way. In good tune might have 120 HP but if a mechanic actually told him 200 HP on the specs I saw, that's misrepresentation or serious lack of understanding.
Andrew

1 - 10 of 10 Posts