Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Assuming that both cars were in the same exact condition, which one would be a better car to have overall? Comfort, fun factor, style and even resale value in about a decade or two. I'm actually inquiring for a friend.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
One of each......
;^)

Seriously, a 69 GTV would be hard to beat with everything else equal and you could only have one.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scalino or smooth nose?

One of each would be difficult because I only have one spot in my garage and it's like saying that I want two wives! Besides, I could only afford one. A third wife would be nice in the form of a giulia super but that wouldn't happen unless I win the lottery!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Combination?

Maybe a scalino with a '69 smooth nose dash and console perhaps? Ala '70 european GT Junior model but with a console?

·
Registered
529 Posts
My '69 is a sportier driver, the '67 is more comfortable (but my '69 is more of a track car). I think the step-nose is prettier. Hard to tell.

I would think that the Giulia Super is probably the best 1 and only Alfa to have - hope to add one to my garage in the future.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Maybe a scalino with a '69 smooth nose dash and console perhaps? Ala '70 european GT Junior model but with a console?
'70 Euro GTV has the center console + small taillights, however, no flying buttress seats.

Be patient and try to drive all the cars you are considering before making a decision.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Depends on what you think is a definition of 'good'.
you want a more hardcore feel? More of a driving sensation? More seat of the pants driving? Comfort is not your most important point? If that's good, you want a stepnose.
You want to go on sunday drives with your wife/girlfriend? Want to do some tours and holidays with it and use it in everyday traffic? If that's good, go for a later car, best of these being a say '73 GTV2000 with AC .

It really comes down to that. And of course, what you like to look at best.

Rik

·
Registered
426 Posts
One of each would be difficult because I only have one spot in my garage and it's like saying that I want two wives! Besides, I could only afford one. A third wife would be nice in the form of a giulia super but that wouldn't happen unless I win the lottery!
i thought you were asking for a friend?

this topic has been beat to death.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
scalino or smoothnose

As a matter of fact I am but I can't help but carried away sometimes. I was acting in his shoes.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I own a '69 Series 1 GTV, but I have to admit that the stepnose looks better (from the outside).

I would really love to own both.

Cheers,
Wazza.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Ah the vexed question what to choose, and especially if you could only have one. Have been there, and tried them all.

Each have different personalities. Luckily I have had a '69 GTV since '97 (was my daily driver for 11 years) and a '69 Super (under restoration for the past 9 years !!) but in my dream garage I also would have a stepnose (any model) GTA rep :D.

Given I also have a '69 Fiat AC 124 sport and my daily driver '03 156 sportwagon and the missus also has her Beemer, I need a bloody big garage.

Oh did I mention I would also love a 1750 Berlina (Berlinas are :cool:), a GTV6, a Fiat Dino coupe and probably some other cars and a 70s Ducati, the dream garage just got a little larger. Hmn suspect I have little chance of such dreams becoming reality.

In terms of driving comfort but still having the appeal of the earlier model, from my experience, I think the 69 1750 GTV is probably the best option.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I had a marvelous 1750 GT Veloce first series 'til one year ago.
When i had it, i dreamed of a Stepnose. Now i have a beautiful stepnose, and i dream of a 1750. I think i could go in this way for years...

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Here's my '67....
Owner since '74 and I love it !!
But I still think the 1750 model is better in some ways.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
That colour is a rather modern looking colour - is it really that bright in real life ? The bodywork looks amazing in the pics.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
It is supposed to be LeMans blue, but it turned out a bit lighter......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts