Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i need some motivation to finish this car and posting on here helped keep me going to get my race car done. I've promised my wife that this will be ready for next year's dream cruise in august..so here goes!

Yes its another red alfa

Yes i'm going to paint the nose white

Yes it has a 2.0l and not a 1600

There's quite a few spots of minor rust repair needed along with some older accident damage that needs cleaning up. The biggest issue is the interior. The color is rare and worth saving, but it's not in great shape. And no-one seems to make replacement pieces in the same color scheme. The interior is 100% original (seats, carpets, headliner etc.).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Well clearly you have to post more photos than that! :D

Interior shots? Looks red and perhaps the leather finish?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the bottom's are in pretty bad shape. can't see it in the pics. and one has a good size tear near the top. the foam is pretty tough...ideally it could be repaired but usually old vinyl doesn't repair very well.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Alfaholics have a very close matching great colour. I've used a cleaning product called Dissol to clean the vynil on the 65.

See here: http://instagram.com/p/sEolbUlP0H/

http://instagram.com/p/rePI-SFPxW/

Repairs can be done well - depends on the shop I guess.

Sun damage affecting the colour will always be your worst enemy. Maybe some lambs wool covers on the fronts?

Overall it looks nice from the pics you've posted.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks brownish to me.

I'd love to find the 2 tone grey/red. we'll see, it's a long time before i have to worry about the interior going back in!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
yes, that's the saddle skai vinyl colour interior. I was just showing the difference in cleaning the material with that product.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
well it's snowing here now rich!!!

The pass. side floor is definitely the worst. it'll require the entire front section to be replaced.

The driver's side is good except for a little rot around one of the seat mounting nuts. easy fix.

the car was hit on the front Pass side at some point and the poor repair job has taken a lot of work to get cleaned up. and it's not done yet.

the drivers side inner fender had quite a bit of rot in the front corner too.

the spare tire well needs a small repair.

aside from that, it's mostly cosmetic work like the dash, carpets etc. the sills are all good. inner's are good. rear pans and drivers floor pan is good. lucky me! this is a much more solid car than the one i used for my race car.

i'm pleasantly surprised!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. Keep us posted.

Are you seam welding the whole shell?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i'm just seam welding in the engine compartment since it's already in need of new paint. the rest of the car is in great shape already

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the car was hit on the front right..it must have tweaked the whole thing a bit.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts