Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to see BHCC did not get their hands on this!
Not mine.

·
Administrator
12,591 Posts
Wish there was like a Barchetta.cc for Alfa Romeos so we could enter their chassis numbers and follow their paths.

95% likely to end up 2 litres engines,
90% likely to end up as GTA clones,
50% likely to be restored unmodified ... and
30% likely to be used as donors for a GTA replica with alloy panels ........

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,715 Posts
I keep such lists for Berlinas and Giulia sedans, but I'm not sure anyone has ever tackled GTVs.
Andrew

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
Ah, the wonderful world of corrosion!! Imagine if it had been outside in the past 20 years!

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At least these guys allow bidding instead of posting some ridiculous asking price.
Any guesses on the reserve?

·
Registered
295 Posts
This doesn't look all that bad to me and at 12k or so would be a very good deal. Too bad about the color change (looks like it was Muschio), but it needs a complete rebuild anyway.

·
Administrator
12,591 Posts
Both cars need floors, chassis rails and rocker panels ... at a minimum.

BTW: My %'s were not supposed to add up, but more suggest what is most likely to happen to these relatively original (excluding weird exhaust modifications) cars ... okay now that I have written that I can see I was not thinking properly when I posted that! Lol
Pete

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
All of this chat about a rusty Alfa and no one noticed the Morris Van on BAT with a 2000 Alfa Veloce drive train???
Check it out!

·
Super Moderator
10,640 Posts

·
Administrator
12,591 Posts
If you can restore a Morris van to this condition, Alfa rust would not scare you at all! Very cool car

Pete

1 - 18 of 18 Posts