Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
daily driver. has some surface rust bubbles here and there, but a complete and solid car. engine serial # says it is a 68 so motor might not be original. runs well but clutch is starting to slip. car located in hawaii. asking $17,000.

***pictures***

needs:
rust bubbles on rear and rockers (see pictures)
clutch slipping (adjustment?)
tach not hooked up
speed-o is out of adjustment
some stains on the convertible top
plastic back window needs to be sewn back in
missing some windshield wiper grommets (loose wiper arms)
broken link in convertible top frame (top still works fine)
stripped bolt hole on water pump but does not leak
front end alignment
small oil pan leak

has:
new isolater boots
rebuilt webbers
new steel braided brake lines
new electronic ignition w/distributor
new coil

edit:
will need new front tires after alignment
back sits low (check pictures)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
Being in Hawaii is going to limit most from going to see the car and shipping expences add to the cost.
How long has it been there ? Rust might be an issue too.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
I doubt that you're any more inept at selling cars than most of us. Looking at the full set of pictures, some of the rust on the car is pretty (way) scary. To me it looks like a great car to stay in Hawaii and continue on as a daily driver for some lucky guy at around $10-12K who had the contacts to get the rust repaired over time. The Duettos you see at $34K are usually pretty great cars - In California I could easily see dropping a lot of money ($10K minimum?) in this for rust repair and paint and that still may leave a lot to sort out. Having said all of that - those are great cars well worth saving and I hope you can find it a good home.
Good luck,
Steve
63 Giulia Spider
71 GTV

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rust might be an issue too.....
really the rust is only in three spots, i think my pictures make it seem worse

Looking at the full set of pictures, some of the rust on the car is pretty (way) scary.
lol. the one shot is scary. the drivers side rocker from underneath. i had to include it, trying to be honest. but the car is, dare i say, rust free aside from three spots where some previous body work had been done. the trunk lid, drivers side door jamb and the drivers side rocker are the only spots of rust and i focused most of my pictures on those spots to have an honest sale. i blew it obviously. the car is in much better shape than my ad portrays, live and learn i guess.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The rust around the jack point is a little bit of a concern and I'm not sure what the 114305 picture is showing but what the heck, it's early - hopefully you'll get some questions and more bids (the Hawaii location is kind of a problem though).
Good luck - it's a great car to be ripping down the Liki-liki.
Steve

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
I'm not sure what the 114305 picture is showing but what the heck
Looks like the top aluminium rail for the soft top.. broken/cracked ?

Car looks good, however its had some earlier work covering up the sills that will need revisiting (whats with all the holes in the bottom of the sills.. rivets?)

So; New sills (available), boot/trunk rear skin (available) general tidy up of the paint (your time). Nothing here that you wont find on any other Duetto/Spider or GT of the same period. In fact the pictures are great as its easy to see whats good ie. the rear trunk panel gaps are very nice and the inner rear panels suggest its never been hit from the back (amazing)

I'd rock it if i was in Hawaii.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like the top aluminium rail for the soft top.. broken/cracked ?

oh yea, that is the soft top frame. has a broken piece. it's like pot metal or something not aluminum.

so those little holes all across the bottom aren't on everyone's car? interesting

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
I am flying in on friday.

All I have to do is convince the GF to go look at an old car while on vacation !

;^)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am flying in on friday.

All I have to do is convince the GF to go look at an old car while on vacation !

;^)
too funny. well now you HAVE to look at an old used car on your vacation. i'll PM you my info.

do you need anything while here? (bikes, surfboards, boogie boards, etc.)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no go on the ebay listing. at least it got some bids.

the affable and very knowledgeable 101/105guy looked at the car yesterday and agreed that in my drive to document all of the cars needs, i may have given the impression that the car is worse than it really is.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts