Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling my 67 GTV. This car is a stunning, well maintained and sorted GTV.

52k OBO
  • 69k Miles Shown, TMU
  • 1,750cc Inline-Four
  • 5-Speed Manual Transmission
  • Dual Weber Carburetors
  • GTA-Style Exhaust
  • Adjustable Koni Shocks
  • Centerline Lowering Springs
  • H4 Headlights
The work I've had done to it:
  • New Alfaholics Steering Box
  • New Drive shaft
  • Rebuilt transmission
  • Alfaholics grille ( i still have the og one)
Purchased this car on BAT. Here is the original link so you can see more pics.

Some issues the car has, tach probably needs to be rebuilt, its squeaky.The tires lose air after a few days and it burns a little bit of oil. I think the engine bay could be cleaned up a bit as well
Any other questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer. I'm not the most technical guy, I am more into driving it and it doesn't disappoint. What a gem of a car. Im only selling as Im building a 73 911 and dont want two classics

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Nice GT! Perhaps another BAT listing will get better exposure and more $$.
IMO, the old listing sort of muddies the GTV, GTJunior identity. You should fix that!

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice GT! Perhaps another BAT listing will get better exposure and more $$.
IMO, the old listing sort of muddies the GTV, GTJunior identity. You should fix that!
Yea I agree. I really dont want to put it on BAT just yet. The guy I bought the car from really botched the listing, he also didnt disclose or didnt know the car had many problems I had to fix.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
I'm holding off listing my blue GTV for a bit too!
Hope that you get all the money!!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I ran my 69 with Webers in college without any kind of stabilization between the carbs. They jiggled all over the place and spilled out fuel, right over the electric cables on the starter. I don't see any kind of plate stabilizing the carbs or air filtration.
I do see a fire extinguisher next to the passenger seat. Please be careful. Yes, I did stupid things I wouldn't do now in college, but there weren't cellphones around to forever **** me on the internet.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ran my 69 with Webers in college without any kind of stabilization between the carbs. They jiggled all over the place and spilled out fuel, right over the electric cables on the starter. I don't see any kind of plate stabilizing the carbs or air filtration.
I do see a fire extinguisher next to the passenger seat. Please be careful. Yes, I did stupid things I wouldn't do now in college, but there weren't cellphones around to forever **** me on the internet.
Never had an issue my man, nor did the previous owner. Not sure what your comment about the stupid things you did in college is all about.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Yes, I would not run my carbs that way. Alfa's designed air box minimizes such a risk. Just because you haven't had a problem does not mean you won't. I did the same thing before I knew better in college, and corrected it when I saw the danger in what I had done. If that offended you in some way, it was not meant to disparage you. I can see how it might be taken that way. For that, let me apologize, and I've edited how I wrote this as clearly I have, so sorry again for that.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stupid things I did in college: Running my 69 Alfa without a support plate between the Webers and without an air filter, then seeing gas jiggle and or seep out over the starter cables, same as you are running them. It is your car, and offering some hard learned advice for your $55,000 car.
Merritt Carden once told me there was a reason Alfa Romeo engineers designed things they way they did, and it was a tough to improve on them. Glad you haven't had in issues in 6 months.
6 months? I've had the car over a year and the previous owner had the car for years. Also that's how I bought the car and there hasn't been any issues. If someone wants to replace it or change it, its up to them. I've never had any issues with the carbs in this car and its always ran great. If your comment is to somehow bring me down to level of an immature college kid who doesn't know how to take care of his things properly, it isn't working. If you actually concerned about all you had to say was you probably shouldn't run your carbs like that and I would've have gotten the point.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I would not run my carbs that way. Alfa's designed air box minimizes such a risk. Just because you haven't had a problem does not mean you won't. I did the same thing before I knew better in college, and corrected it when I saw the danger in what I had done. If that offended you in some way, it was not meant to disparage you. I can see how it might be taken that way. For that, let me apologize, and I've edited how I wrote this as clearly I have, so sorry again for that.
No worries at all. Thanks for clarifying. This Alfa goes to a great mechanic here locally. I will bring it up with him, fix it if needed or the new owner can sort it out if they'd like.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Is this something unique to Alfa Nord engines? I have had a series of cars with DCOE’s without any form of ‘stabilization’ between the carbs or from carbs to motor(beyond the mounts. These were mostly I-4 engines, so plenty of vibration. I had no problems with them, but perhaps it’s because I didn’t use soft mounts.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice car.

2 owners ran the car without air filters and it burns oil. Odd that...
There are lots of filter options available that fit over the trumpets.
Does adding air filters detract that much from the car's performance?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts