Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a lack of time,too many projects and the loss of a garage I have to sell my GTV, I have someone that wants to buy it but, I don't know what price to ask. Any advice or opinion welcomed.

67 GTV w/106k, Red (orig. green) Had rust repair and color change before I bought it.Will need paint and minor bodywork. Interior rough, needs carpets and trim replaced. It is currently registered as part of an attempted rolling restoration, but was stored in a garage for 14 yrs. before last year.
Has rebuilt 69 1750 eng. w/new clutch (still have orig. 1600), trans has bad 2nd gear syncro, brakes good, susp. will need bushings.

Also have 2.0 eng., trans, rearend, and wheels from late 80's spider that may be included depending on price.

Thanks,
Pascal

·
Premium Member
21,945 Posts
Some pics would help in evaluating it. You don't say if it's operable or not, but after sitting 14 years I'd guess not? A running, driveable car usually brings a lot more than an undriveable one, in large part because the buyer can verify the mechanical condition; in a nonrunner he/she has to take the seller's word for it, and usually declines to, adjusting the offer accordingly.

I'm gonna say a ballpark starting guess of $5,000 if it's not too rusty. Really depends on seeing some pics though.

Andrew

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. Let me try to clarify a few things.

The car is registered and has been on the road since last year, it has been in a dry garage for the 27 years I have owned it. Everything works. 1750 was pro. built, all recip. components were magnafluxed and balanced, head has had port work and Shankle street cams When the 1750 was installed all hoses were replaced, new motor mounts, radiator was cleaned. Brakes have new rotors and rebuilt calipers. I have been driving it and trying to sort out all the little things that need attention when a car sits for so long, but I don't have the time and that is the reason I am selling it.

I have many photos and did try attaching but cannot get the pics resized to fit, any advice on how to do so would be appreciated. I will try again tonight or tomorrow when I get a bit of time. I may be able to email photos so someone with better computer skills could post for me.
I will post more information later.
Thanks for looking,
Pascal

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi Pascal, Looks like a clean engine bay.
What's the tipo Number on the plate and what's the chassis number.

Thank you
Best regards
Rob

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
unfortunately, I am not currently in the market for a 67 Stepnose GTV, although they are my first love. I think we would need to see closeup photos of the rockers and floors to provide an accurate assement. I am currently more of a Duetto guy, so not sure of other areas of rust in GTV's. That would have a major impact on the price. A NY car may put some people off due to possible rust, so if you can clarify this as much as possible through photos it would be helpful. Also, do you have the orginal mirror(s), hub caps and air cleaner assembly? Some people want original parts so they can restore it to stock condition. Otherwise, if I were in the market, I would be willing to go $5000 to $7500 based upon the photos you provided. But then, I am not currently in the market, so the ultimate price is whatever a willing buyer is offering to pay.

·
Premium Member
21,945 Posts
I would go up some from my $5000 guess; it looks nicer than I expected. $7500ish?; being operable really helps.

Andrew

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:confused:What's the deal:(. Is the car for sale or what:)

and what's that thingamagiggie on the P/S under hood toward the back near the firewall - looks like an amp or something?

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
lowmileage;397776and what's that thingamagiggie on the P/S under hood toward the back near the firewall - looks like an amp or something?[/QUOTE said:
That's where us old 105 guys have our fusebox. Pascal's is missing the cover. In light of the fact that a non-running 69 project car witha decent body sold on ebay a couple months ago for more than $6k I would put this car in the $7k-$9K range. Possibly more, but a bad interior is going to turn off someone looking for a driver. Plus it's pretty hard to determine from the info given what "needs paint and minor body work" will entail. Depends on if you want to hassle with ebay or who's looking when you want to sell. Looks like it would photograph well for ebay though.

Bill

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes the car is for sale, I have someone interested and have been trying to work out what it is worth. I also have been contacted via PM by members of this board who are interested and hope that one of these people will buy it without me having to E bay it. Please PM me if you have any interest, all offers welcome.

I thank everyone that has looked and offered advice, opinions etc. And also all those that helped in getting the pics posted

Best regards
Pascal

1 - 16 of 16 Posts