Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on Craigslist - not my car - don't know anything about it. But it could be a good deal for a restorer, or someone wanting to part it out:

"1967 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce. CALL IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. 909-647-5470. Not much left but a good front clip, gas tank, radiator, transmission, boosters, steering collum, steering wheel, pedal assembly, door glass, driver rear quarter, lowered suspension with big sway bars and stiffer springs front and rear,4 mag wheels, 4 disk brake, floor pan if you are cutting rust out of yours, or if your brave your could restore this one. MINT cars are going for $50k now. (ya i can believe it either). You will be getting the who car. it rolls and steers just fine. RUST FREE CALIFORNIA CAR. CLICK FOR 165 MORE PICTURES. CLICK 67 GTV"

See: 1967 ALFA ROMEO GTV - WRECKED - PARTS CAR

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
There are some good parts on it, but not $2300 worth.
And the hassle to strip it would be huge.

·
Super Moderator
11,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are some good parts on it, but not $2300 worth.
Randy:

Yea, going to the ebay ad and looking at all the photos, I see your point. Looks like someone has already stripped it for parts - the seats, dash, bumpers, hood, .... all seem to be missing. And, a lot of body panels were damaged in what appears to have been a pretty bad accident.

Still, you have to love the seller's logic: "MINT cars are going for $50k now", so obviously even a fraction of a car in non-mint condition has to be worth 4.6% of that.

And the hassle to strip it would be huge.
Well, that's true for any parts car (short of a V12 Ferrari). Selling individual parts on ebay is a great way to earn $1.37/hr, assuming you don't get scammed too many times.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Ah, yes...reality is a cruel mistress......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts