Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm moving this post to the GTV section - in hopes of getting a response.

On my '67 GTV single brake servo system, the new Bonaldi servo I bought, from Classic Alfa, did not come with the outlet fitting (presumably a 90 degree fitting?). This is the fitting that is necessary to connect the vacuum hose from the servo to the rear of the engine. And, to make matters worse, my car didn't come with the servo (long since disconnected). As a result, I'm not sure what the fitting looks like - nor am I sure of the fitting size.

So, I have the following questions:
1) Is this fitting a 90 degree fitting?
2) The servo's female connection looks like to be 3/8 NPT - is this correct or is it by chance metric?
3) Does anyone have one of these fittings that they're willing to part with or know where I can buy one?

Thanks in advance - I'm certainly puzzled on this one!

Best regards, Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Might Classic Alfa not be able to ferret out a banjo fitting for you?
Also, If this post doesn’t do the job, posting a ‘wanted’ ad in the classifieds here might also flush one out.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Smithy and Ranz for your replies. I was really struggling with how to make this work and for some reason, I never considered a banjo bolt connection. I have no idea if this is how it was originally done - but, it certainly is an elegant and flexible solution! I've gone ahead and bought the appropriate fittings - it turns out that the connection on the servo is M16X1.5 (I'm reasonably confident of this).

Best regards, Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts