Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1966/67 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce Parting Out

Hello everyone,
Just got my first 105 series car to part out. It is a 1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce. Been sitting uncovered in the woods of West Virginia for 20+ years so is a total basket case. However, some parts are usuable and in good condition including a uncracked dash, front and rear bumpers (that were inside all this time) and a 1600 engine that turns over smoothly by hand as well as the dual webbers, seats (as cores), 5 BWA wheels (3 caps), etc. Will be posting more pictures as we get the car torn apart in the next few weeks.

BillS (another member here and well known for 105 parts/advice) is the technical side of this project and will be able to answer those types of questions. All parts are located near Hagerstown, MD about 70 miles west of Washington DC.

EDIT- when checking on the engine number for a potential buyer, I found that it correcsponds to a 1966 Sprint GT Veloce per Fusi. Checked the VIN and sure enough, 1966 Sprint GT Veloce as well! It is titled as a 67 though per VA DMV - that is what we were going on.

Payment/shipping is as follows:

You can pay three ways but they change shipping times/fees.

1) personal check - part will not ship till check clears
2) Postal MO - part will ship ASAP after the MO arrives
3) Paypal - part will ship ASAP after payment is made. However, please add 3% for fees.

Generally I ship USPS with delicvery confirmation. Some things (big/heavy) may go other shippers.

For non-US buyers, please let me know and i will try and work with you!

Ask any questions you may have!

Now for the pictures - WARNING GRAPHIC!

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'd like the wheels! I hope you have five and they are all nice enough.
BillS should have sent you a email/PM about the engine. Simple enough to bring the wheels down at the same time if you are interested. Volume discount applies!:D

Condition is OK - not "nice" but ready for a refurbish. Did not notice any damage on the 2 rears we took off to jack the rear of the car up to get the engine out. Have not really inspected any of them though and really didn't even look at the fronts. Do have 3 BWA/ALFA caps total (so far, 2 were in the car, still looking). If you get them with the engine I will deliver at the same time for $250 for all 5. If anyone else wants them they would be $300 + shipping for the set of 5.

(EDIT - he did not get them - still available!)

LDK

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More pictures including:

Bumpers
Picture of one of 5 BWA wheels (this is the spare - has sitting grime on it)

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
More pictures
Engine (1600) $575 for the engine itself (w/ starter, alternator, distributor) EDIT SOLD-ENGINE ONLY, $135 for the intake, $200 for the transmission including bell housing - PICK UP ONLY AT THIS TIME. Also a package deal with the Webers and intake shown below = $1200

More engine info - The engine number is (* = star) : AR00536*09201* which seems to indicate a 1966 GT veloce engine, not a 67 per my look up on Fusi. Not quite sure why (maybe the car is a 66 build/67 title?) Anyway, hope this is helpful and let me know if you are still interested.

Radiator - $50 plus shipping
Webers (dual 40 dcoe 28 I think) $300 shipped to US
Intake phelum $70 shipped to US

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
More pictures

rear view mirror w/ closeups per requests

Please note the trim issue

PRICE DROP DUE TO CONDITION

$70 shipped to US

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
More pictures

About the grill - only one ring is in decent (not perfecrt) condition but we may have another around to make a set. Also, the small end pieces are still on the car but will come with the whole grill set, which is how we would perfer to sell it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
kelly1mm and I went in together on buying and parting this car. You haven't lived until you've tried to remove the transmission exhaust bracket on a car that you can't get under! I don't think either of us would have wanted to do this by ourselves. We'll be going back for more stuff shortly and will be posting prices as soon as we are able. Some of the pricing is based on solid experience, some is based on conjecture. Some of you may know better than we do what things are worth. Best offers will be considered, especially if you can point to a similar sale online.

71 alf alfa:

I'm not sure that this column would work on a '69. I'm thinking that Alfa went to a deeper dished steering wheel that year that may have necessitated a shorter column, meaning this column may be too long. If someone knows for sure, please let us know!

·
Registered
552 Posts
thanks bill im restoring a 69 i bought and i just finished uo the interior and put the steering wheel on and *** more than an inch of space so i guess the po put this box in just to get by

·
Registered
42 Posts
I may be interested in the dash if you have any pics of it.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I may be interested in the dash if you have any pics of it.
Well, actually, the black part of the dash is in amazingly good shape considering the conditions the car was left in. The "wood" part is in not at all good shape but "may" be usuful as a core. Since we have had a GREAT response (40+ PMs!) we are going out tomorrow to take off more requested parts and will try to get pictures of what we can.

Check in tomorrow for more pictures!

Thanks everyone!

LDK

·
Registered
42 Posts
If the fake wood cardboard part is beyond it's use, I'd still be interested in the glove box door lock if that is still available. I might also be interested in the fuse block if that is in serviceable condition.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If the fake wood cardboard part is beyond it's use, I'd still be interested in the glove box door lock if that is still available. I might also be interested in the fuse block if that is in serviceable condition.
There is a picture of the fuse block from the engine bay earlier in the thread. PM me with an offer if interested. i can get more pictures tomorrow. The glove box door/lock is there but we don't have keys for the car at all.

LDK

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
More pictures
first one of the car at the end of the day - looking a bit bare! Then some of the glass and trim. all glass is available. $100 for the windshield with out trim, $25 for each of the side glass pieces (not including triangles) and rear glass. pick up only for now. Package pice for all glass (again without trim/triangles) is $200 puo. Windshield trim by itself is $180. With all the glass and windshield trim = $375.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 115 Posts