Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
If you can't find a decent used one, Reoriginals has them <http://reoriginals.com/duettoroundtailspider.aspx>. Be aware, they're pricey.

Thanks,
Alex

·
Registered
70 Posts
looking for reoriginals link

reoriginals.com DOES NOT WORK

seems to link you to some bizarre furniture and housewares website that is secretly linked to a domain name-seller and link-monger.

Anyone know how to get in touch with reoriginals?

I need backup light for Duetto and read that they had them.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
I just used the link on the suppliers list here on the BB and it worked fine for me. They do have them listed for $385.20. Here's the phone # if you can't get the link to work. 832-632-9289
or 9290
or 9295

·
Registered
357 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
The reversing light has a drain hole in the body, whereas the Grifo version does not, as it is meant to be fitted to the top of the front bumper.

Steve, if you have a pair of the latter rather than the Duetto reversing light version, please don't drill a hole in them. I think I might have a NOS version with the hole. Swaps?

Alex.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Alex,

Mine are the genuine Duetto lights - both have the drainage hole.

They even came in the original blue Carello box.

An excellent buy!!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Good on you! Alex

Steve, Alex is correct - a hole was drilled in the casting before chrome plating.

I doubt though, that it would matter if one were added afterward. The re-use of this fixture that was designed for front signal lights was a "less than brilliant" idea.
The lamp base was never adequately sealed nor is the lens completely weather-proof. Invariably, water works its way into the light and corrodes everything.
In its day - this wasn't an expensive item ... but that day has long past !

·
Registered
357 Posts
Carello Side Marker/Repeater Lights

I also received (yesterday) this pair of red side marker lights.

I bought these on EBay from the US. They are still listed:

Alfa Romeo rear red side marker carello 14103717 used on eBay (end time 09-Jul-11 21:13:07 BST)

They are excellent - used but like new.

If the need arises I'll fit them with a couple of amber lenses bought from Yolanda Keh at Aftermarket Reproductions.

I do enjoy hunting down parts -it gives me something to do!!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts